Crystal Reports (license & deploy++)

Robert Warnestam

Hello,

I have some problems deploying Crystal Reports.

I'm using Visual Studio 2005 Beta 1. In this version Crystal Reports
(9.7.3500.0) is included. I created a small test application (ASP.NET) that
shows a simple report. It work fine with on my local computer. Now I'm
trying to deploy this sample application on our web server but I really need
some help.

Q1.

Is it enough to have bought VS 2005 (MSDN subscription) to deploy a web
application? Or did I do the right thing when I bought Crystal Reports XI?

Q2.

I've been instructed to create a "WebSetup" project and include
"crystal_rewiz2003.msm" - in which I shall enter the license key. The same
instruction told be that the license key can be found in VS (Help - About
MDE) - the only info I found was "Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005" -
no license key there! At http://support.businessobjects.com/ I tried to
register the product (Crystal Reports included with VS) - without success.
Where is the license key for Crystal Reports in VS?

Q3.

Because we need to deploy the application soon I bought Crystal Reports XI
for developer. Installed it, but in VS there is still no license key. But
now I could register the product!
Is it realy neccessary to buy Crystal Reports when I have a bundled version?
By the way, I still can't deploy...

Q4.

If I eventually success in deploy my application I would like to use our own
business objects to acces the data, not directly to the database (our
objects does not expose DataSet or Tables). Is it possible to do that with
CrystalReports?

Best regards

Robert Warnestam