Crystal Reports.Net in ASP.NET - access denied to aspnet/local settings/temp

Brian Fulford

I have a report generation page that chooses which report to load and
manipulate in the code behind. I am setting TextBox values and suppressing
sections and whatnot. The code works fin when I execute it from my machine
in the dev mode and when I access localhost from the same machine.

When another user tries to view the reports... a nasty error is generated. I
have given my IUSR account privileges to the aspnet directory but that did
not make a difference.

'************************ CODE CAUSING THE ERROR *************************
Private Sub SummarySelection()

Dim mySection As CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.Section

mySection = SummaryReport.ReportDefinition.Sections.Item("Section3") <<----
LINE 2214

'************************ CODE CAUSING THE ERROR *************************

Access to the path
"C:\DOCUME~1\FULFOB\ASPNET\LOCALS~1\Temp\temp_cf4e806f-bd8e-4062-ba6b-182873
565cbc.rpt" is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,
FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean
bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,
FileShare share)
at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportClass.Load(String
reportName, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob)
at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.0()
at
CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.get_ReportDefinition()
at Web.ccsm_reports.SummarySelection() in
C:\Web\billing.net1\ccsm\ccsm_reports.aspx.vb:line 2214
at Web.ccsm_reports.ReportDisplay() in
C:\Web\billing.net1\ccsm\ccsm_reports.aspx.vb:line 1466
at Web.ccsm_reports.btnPrint_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
C:\Web\billing.net1\ccsm\ccsm_reports.aspx.vb:line 1411
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePo
stBackEvent(String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler
sourceControl, String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)