Crystal Reports.Net in ASP.NET - access denied to aspnet/local settings/temp

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Brian Fulford, Sep 2, 2004.

  1. I have a report generation page that chooses which report to load and
    manipulate in the code behind. I am setting TextBox values and suppressing
    sections and whatnot. The code works fin when I execute it from my machine
    in the dev mode and when I access localhost from the same machine.

    When another user tries to view the reports... a nasty error is generated. I
    have given my IUSR account privileges to the aspnet directory but that did
    not make a difference.

    '************************ CODE CAUSING THE ERROR *************************
    Private Sub SummarySelection()

    Dim mySection As CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.Section

    mySection = SummaryReport.ReportDefinition.Sections.Item("Section3") <<----
    LINE 2214

    '************************ CODE CAUSING THE ERROR *************************

    Access to the path
    "C:\DOCUME~1\FULFOB\ASPNET\LOCALS~1\Temp\temp_cf4e806f-bd8e-4062-ba6b-182873
    565cbc.rpt" is denied.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,
    FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean
    bFromProxy)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,
    FileShare share)
    at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportClass.Load(String
    reportName, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob)
    at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.0()
    at
    CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.get_ReportDefinition()
    at Web.ccsm_reports.SummarySelection() in
    C:\Web\billing.net1\ccsm\ccsm_reports.aspx.vb:line 2214
    at Web.ccsm_reports.ReportDisplay() in
    C:\Web\billing.net1\ccsm\ccsm_reports.aspx.vb:line 1466
    at Web.ccsm_reports.btnPrint_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
    C:\Web\billing.net1\ccsm\ccsm_reports.aspx.vb:line 1411
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePo
    stBackEvent(String eventArgument)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler
    sourceControl, String eventArgument)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
    Brian Fulford, Sep 2, 2004