Crystal Reports.NET "Push" Method (creating a mailing list)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Lisa, Jun 6, 2005.

  1. Lisa

    Lisa Guest

    I am trying to create a Crystal Report for my ASP.NET application that
    will allow the user to select a specific group of client addresses to
    create mailing labels. Since this is an ASP.NET application, I would
    prefer not to include my connection information within the application
    itself and therefore planned to use the "Push" Method.

    If I try to use the wizard to create the labels and then use the
    following code in my aspx page I get the famous Login Error message:

    Dim ds As DataSet
    ds = DataAccess.RunSPGetDataSet("dbo.sp_get_client_addresses_test")

    Dim cr As CrystalReport1
    cr = New CrystalReport1

    cr.SetDataSource(ds.Tables(0))
    CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = cr

    If I dont use the wizard and start with a blank report and use the same
    code as above it works fine. The only problem is that I cannot make
    labels. I cannot seem to find out where you would specify the number
    of columns required.

    Could anyone help me with this by letting me know how I can use the
    wizard without having to specify my database connection information in
    the aspx page, or by telling me how to set the number of columns in the
    report if I use a blank report ?

    PS. My database is not on my local PC, it is on a remote server

    Thanks!!
    Lisa, Jun 6, 2005