Crystal Reports Out Joins with DataSet?

cpnet

I'm trying to create a Crystal Report based on a strongly-typed DataSet
(that I'm populating manually instead of from a database). This is almost
working except Crystal seems to always do inner joins along the
relationships in the DataSet, but I want an outer join.

I have a table (QuestionTable) that's a list of questions. Each row
contains the question, as well as the foreign key to a row in AnswerTable
(which contains the description/text for the selected answer). I have a
Relation connecting QuestionTable to AnswerTable.

If I only include fields from QuestionTable in my report, then I get all
rows from QuestionTable in my report (even if the AnswerId field is blank).
This is good. If I try to include the AnswerTable.Description field in my
report however, then the report only shows the rows from QuestionTable where
there is a value for QuestionTable.AnswerId. Crystal seems to be doing an
inner join between QuestionTable and AnswerTable. But I want an outer join.
I want to display all questions, and the answer description for the
questions that have been answered. How can I do this?

VS 2005 Team Suite, C#, ASP.NET 2.0

cpnet

Figured it out... on the "Links" tab of the 'Database Expert' I can change
how the links (relationships) work.