Crystal Reports viewer not moving past first page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Nathan, Feb 18, 2005.

  1. Nathan

    Nathan Guest

    Hi

    I have an ASP.Net application that uses the CrystalReportViewer
    control. Due to needing to display several reports via the control I
    set the ReportSource property in code, followed by setting call the
    DataBind method.
    The control displays the first page of my reports fine, but clicking
    the Next button results in the grey box of the CrystalReportViewer
    being displayed containing the text 'Use ReportSource or DataBindings
    property to specify a report source'.

    I assume this is happening because the page is posting back to the
    server and the control is losing it's binding to the report. Surely
    there must be a solution to this ?

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    Nathan

    Nathan, Feb 18, 2005

  2. Nathan,

    I don't know if this is the correct way or not by a work mate had the same
    problem. What he had to do was store the original DataSource in Session and
    repopulate on one of the crystal viewer events.

    Hope this helps.
    Chris.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgUG9kbW9yZQ==?=, Feb 18, 2005

  3. Thanks for that, it seems to have done the trick.

    Nathan Searle, Feb 21, 2005