  1. Guest

    Does anyone have the steps to using crystal reports with .asp pages?
    , Sep 20, 2005

  2. McKirahan Guest

    McKirahan, Sep 20, 2005

  3. Turkbear Guest

    On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 05:11:01 -0500, "McKirahan" <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone have the steps to using crystal reports with .asp pages?
    >>

    >Didn't you try a Google search?
    >
    >What version of Crystal Reports is installed on the server?
    >
    >Using Crystal Reports in your ASP file
    >http://webdesign.ittoolbox.com/documents/document.asp?i=2356
    >
    >ASP and Crystal Reports 7
    >http://forums.devx.com/showthread.php?t=2262

    For a more recent set of information, ( using VB to run Crystal Reports ):

    http://support.businessobjects.com/communityCS/TechnicalPapers/cr10_NetSDKGuide_en.zip.asp

    That site has other samples as well..

    All of them involve some licensing issues, so check the business objects site for more info.
    Turkbear, Sep 20, 2005

    thanks ...
    the problem is we're coding using notepad only no visual interdev so,
    im trying to figure out how to view a report in an asp page
    programatically not visual through any designer ... we're using crystal
    reports 10 btw ....

    McKirahan wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    > > Does anyone have the steps to using crystal reports with .asp pages?
    > >

    > Didn't you try a Google search?
    >
    > What version of Crystal Reports is installed on the server?
    >
    > Using Crystal Reports in your ASP file
    > http://webdesign.ittoolbox.com/documents/document.asp?i=2356
    >
    > ASP and Crystal Reports 7
    > http://forums.devx.com/showthread.php?t=2262
    , Sep 21, 2005

    hmm . do they have tech papers for ASP only not ASP.net?
    , Sep 21, 2005
  6. Turkbear Guest

    On 20 Sep 2005 18:43:14 -0700, wrote:

    >hmm . do they have tech papers for ASP only not ASP.net?

    Try Advanced search of the Business Objects Knowledge Base using asp as the key word and select Crystal Reports as the
    Product..

    http://support.businessobjects.com/search/advsearch.asp

    However, web-enabling CR requires use of the RDC which means coding in something like Visual Basic ( Or Visual
    Studio)..

    Crystal Reports, to be truly web-enabled, need to be run under Crystal Enterprise or Crystal Report Server..
    Turkbear, Sep 21, 2005