CRYSTAL Reports with ASP

Turkbear

Didn't you try a Google search?

What version of Crystal Reports is installed on the server?

Using Crystal Reports in your ASP file
http://webdesign.ittoolbox.com/documents/document.asp?i=2356

ASP and Crystal Reports 7
http://forums.devx.com/showthread.php?t=2262

For a more recent set of information, ( using VB to run Crystal Reports ):

http://support.businessobjects.com/communityCS/TechnicalPapers/cr10_NetSDKGuide_en.zip.asp

That site has other samples as well..

All of them involve some licensing issues, so check the business objects site for more info.

dandi.reyes

thanks ...
the problem is we're coding using notepad only no visual interdev so,
im trying to figure out how to view a report in an asp page
programatically not visual through any designer ... we're using crystal
reports 10 btw ....

Turkbear

hmm . do they have tech papers for ASP only not ASP.net?

Try Advanced search of the Business Objects Knowledge Base using asp as the key word and select Crystal Reports as the
Product..

http://support.businessobjects.com/search/advsearch.asp

However, web-enabling CR requires use of the RDC which means coding in something like Visual Basic ( Or Visual
Studio)..

Crystal Reports, to be truly web-enabled, need to be run under Crystal Enterprise or Crystal Report Server..