CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LoadSaveReportException

Michelle Stone

Hi

I successfully exported a Crystal Reports report to .pdf
format on my development machine. I even attempted the
same on another computer in our office, before I went
over to our client place.

But when deploying the same on the client machine I was
dismayed to get the following error

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LoadSaveReportExcep
tion: Error in File C:\DOCUME~1\RAED\ASPNET\LOCALS~1
\Temp\temp_26e6fe05-5b3c-4b25-9645-3365fce08b81.rpt:
Access to report file denied. Another program may be
using it.

I am cut-pasting the code used for exporting below.
Please advise.

Extra information relevant to the scenario
1. I added the Program OUTPUT and Program CONTENT in the
web setup project
2. Added the merge modules as listed on the web site of
Crystal Decisions

Code used for exporting:

{
RSalesReportSet ds = new RSalesReportSet ();

sqlSalesReportDataAdapter.SelectCommand.Parameters
["@IDInsuranceCompany"].Value =
insuranceCompanyCombo.SelectedValue;

sqlSalesReportDataAdapter.SelectCommand.Parameters
["@IDBroker"].Value = brokerCombo.SelectedValue;

sqlSalesReportDataAdapter.SelectCommand.Parameters
["@IDBranch"].Value = branchCombo.SelectedValue;

sqlSalesReportDataAdapter.SelectCommand.Parameters
["@dateFrom"].Value = "'" + fromEdit.Text + "'";

sqlSalesReportDataAdapter.SelectCommand.Parameters
["@dateTo"].Value = "'" + toEdit.Text + " 23:59:59'";

sqlSalesReportDataAdapter.Fill (ds, "TPolicy");

// Set up the Report

RSalesInsuranceCompanyBrokerBranch myReport = new
RSalesInsuranceCompanyBrokerBranch ();

myReport.SetDataSource (ds);

// Set up the parameters within the report

myReport.SetParameterValue ("dateFrom",
fromEdit.Text);

myReport.SetParameterValue ("dateTo",
toEdit.Text);

// Now export to .pdf file

CrystalDecisions.Shared.DiskFileDestinationOptions
disOpts = new
CrystalDecisions.Shared.DiskFileDestinationOptions ();

myReport.ExportOptions.ExportDestinationType =
CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportDestinationType.DiskFile;

myReport.ExportOptions.ExportFormatType =
CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat
;

disOpts.DiskFileName = @"c:\Temp.pdf";

myReport.ExportOptions.DestinationOptions =
disOpts;

myReport.Export
();

Response.ContentType="application/pdf";
Response.Write
("<script language=javascript>window.open
('c:/Temp.pdf', 'Report', 'fullscreen=no, toolbar=yes,
menubar=yes'); </script>");

Elvin Ng

Probably because the ASPNET account doesn't have the read permission to that
or the temp directory.

elvin