CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer is not compatible with the type of control CrystalDecisions

G

Hello
I created a very simple page just to load a crystal report which was working just great

Code started throwing the following exception, after I installed crystal report 9 advanced edition

----------------------------------------------------------
Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The base class includes the field 'CrystalReportViewer1', but its type (CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer) is not compatible with the type of control (CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer)
-----------------------------------------------------------

FYI, I installed hot fix of crystal report 9, but didn't have any luck

Any pointer/help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Rez

File: TestReport.asp

<%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="TestReport.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="RnD.TestReport" %><%@ Register TagPrefix="cr" Namespace="CrystalDecisions.Web" Assembly="CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=9.1.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" %><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" ><HTML><HEAD><title>TestReport</title><meta name="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 7.1"><meta name="CODE_LANGUAGE" Content="C#"><meta name="vs_defaultClientScript" content="JavaScript"><meta name="vs_targetSchema" content="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5"></HEAD><body><form id="Form1" method="post" runat="server"><CR:CrystalReportViewer id="CrystalReportViewer1" runat="server"></CR:CrystalReportViewer></form></body></HTML

Code Behine File: TestReport.aspx.c

using System

namespace Rn

public class TestReport : System.Web.UI.Pag

protected CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer CrystalReportViewer1

private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e

CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = "C:\\RND\\Reports\\SiteListByRegion.rpt"

#region Web Form Designer generated cod
override protected void OnInit(EventArgs e

InitializeComponent()
base.OnInit(e)

private void InitializeComponent(
{
this.Load += new System.EventHandler(this.Page_Load)

#endregio

G

Hi Reza,

Have you found a solution to this? I am also having the same problem. Other people in my department CAN execute the application on their machines. I am the only one who can't.

thanks,
Eileen

G

Hi Reza,

Did you find a solution to this problem? I am having the same error.

Thanks,
Eileen

G

Hi Reza,

Did you find a solution to this problem? I am having the same error.

Thanks,
Eileen

Ask a Question