CS0006 Compiler Error - but none of the usual causes

Guest

Hi

I'm getting the CS0006 compiler error in my asp.net 2.0 web project
everytime I make any uncompiled change to the app. Compiled changes are fine
as the web site is rebuilt, but if I for example add a space to an aspx, them
I get a compiler error saying a temporary internet file could not be found,
always from the App_Code directory.

I've seen this before but this time it is none of the usual suspects. We're
not using impersonation, I've checked with filemon and nothing is locking the
file like virus scan etc

When I look for the file it is there but with a .delete extension added to
the end. This sounds like IIS is trying to delete the file to recompile the
App_Code directory and fails at some point.

I guess I could take everything out of App_Code and maybe this would fix the
problem, but thats not ideal being as VS automaticaly dumps things like web
service code-behind files there.

I'm very close to making this a web application project but I would dearly
like to get one asp.net app completed without doing this...

Thanks for any information or help youcan give.

Rob

theSurfinSwede

Have you tried checking your write-permissons/access-rights for your temporary asp.net files (should be something like C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files ). Make sure that the System and IIS_WPG users have full rights and that is the folders are writable.

Surfin swede

Hi, have you tried checking write nd access-rights for the system/iis_wpg-users for the "Temporary ASP.NET Files"-folder? usually located under C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework. Also make sure its not write protected, that solved my problem.

/ Phil