CS0016: Access is denied in ASP.NET 2.0 intranet site

googleThis

I just installed .NET framework 2.0 on a Windows 2003 Standard SP1 box
with IIS 6.0. There is just the default site, and I am getting this
error when trying to hit the default page:

Compiler Error Message: CS0016: Could not write to output file
'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\root\26676eb7\92c7e946\App_global.asax.yupxk6b8.dll' -- 'Access
is denied. '

I ran aspnet_regiis.exe /i, and then deleted everything below
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files.
I then gave NETWORK SERVICE full control permissions there and below.
IUSR_mymachine, ASPNET, and also has those permissions. What am I
doing wrong?

Keith Patrick

Try killing the aspnet_wp.exe process. It may not be releasing a lock on the
temp file. If that fails, you may want to try rebooting and then manually
emptying out the temp directory to force IIS to copy its temp files.

googleThis

Thanks for your reply. I don't see a process named aspnet_wp.exe in
Task Manager. I restarted IIS and deleted the temp directory. But I
get the same behavior, same error.