CS0016 Error suddenly happened and persist

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by FrzzMan[, May 30, 2004.

  1. FrzzMan[

    FrzzMan[ Guest

    Yesterday, all my ASP.NET running fine, at least this error didn't
    raise. Today, I turned on the PC at the morning and receive this error:

    Compiler Error Message: CS0016: Could not write to output file
    'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
    Files\flexnewsdotnet\36c8c83f\1ce438d6\-ognayiy.dll' -- 'Access is denied.'

    I checked the permission for the ASPNET account in Temporary ASP.NET
    Files folder and Temp folder, it won't work. I tried to delete the
    content in Temporary ASP.NET Files, I can't, then I notice there's a
    process named w3wp.exe running, I killed it and I can delete the folder
    content.

    But the problem still persist, I reset the PC over and over, still the
    same...

    Should I reinstall ASP.NET, I think it won't help... there's must be
    some reason and fix around, please help...
    FrzzMan[, May 30, 2004

  2. FrzzMan[

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Hi,

    if the process is w3wp.exe, you are using Windows Server 2003, right? If
    that's the case, unless you haven't changed default settings) the user
    ASP.NET runs under is NETWORK SERVICE and you need to give permissions to
    the Temporary ASp.NET files for this user.

    Between the two days, was there any updates to the machine like from Windows
    update or something?

    --
    Teemu Keiski
    http://blogs.aspadvice.com/joteke

    Teemu Keiski, May 30, 2004

  3. FrzzMan[

    FrzzMan[ Guest

    Teemu Keiski wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > if the process is w3wp.exe, you are using Windows Server 2003, right? If
    > that's the case, unless you haven't changed default settings) the user
    > ASP.NET runs under is NETWORK SERVICE and you need to give permissions to
    > the Temporary ASp.NET files for this user.
    >
    > Between the two days, was there any updates to the machine like from Windows
    > update or something?

    Yes the OS is WS2k3 Enterprise, but it's trial version, btw I don't
    think it's because of the OS is the "trial"...

    I uninstall IIS, ASP.NET and reinstall it... it run fine, well, until I
    restart the machine...

    Can't understand this thing... why did it mess everything up???

    The permissions are all correct I'm sure, but I don't know why it didn't
    work...
    FrzzMan[, May 30, 2004
  4. FrzzMan[

    FrzzMan[ Guest

    Teemu Keiski wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > if the process is w3wp.exe, you are using Windows Server 2003, right? If
    > that's the case, unless you haven't changed default settings) the user
    > ASP.NET runs under is NETWORK SERVICE and you need to give permissions to
    > the Temporary ASp.NET files for this user.
    >
    > Between the two days, was there any updates to the machine like from Windows
    > update or something?

    I noticed something, the application run fine until I changed something
    in the code. When I rebuild the project, it work fine. But when I reopen
    it in browser, the error raised.

    In the Task Manager Process List, there're two w3wp.exe process still
    running, it keep running even when I close all the applications. Maybe
    this is the problem...

    One process owned by NETWORK SERVICE, and one owned by System. Is it
    normal behavior to leave them running forever? Even I can not make
    change to the temp directory if I didn't kill w3wp.exe process owned by
    NETWORK SERVICE.

    So someone here please help, do some change to your project, rebuild it
    and open the application in the browser, then open Task Manager to see
    if w3wp.exe still running? If not, then maybe I have to reinstall the OS :(
    FrzzMan[, May 30, 2004