CS0117: 'site.sforce.Lead' does not contain a definition for 'Amount__c'

maflatoun

Hi everyone,

I've been using webservices to connect to salesforce (CRM) API for over
a year now and today I added a new field 'Amount' to the salesforce and
extracted the WDSLfile. On my local system running Window XP I did a
Web References Update and everything worked fine. However, on our
production server running Windows 2003 Server I got the following error
message.

CS0117: 'site.sforce.Lead' does not contain a definition for
'Amount__c'

Ex.
lead.Description = Description;
lead.Amount__c = Amount; // Only this fails. Works when I remove this
line.

Why is that? Why on Windows 2003 Server and not on XP? I restarted IIS
services as well too and still get the same problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Maz.

John Saunders

Hi everyone,

I've been using webservices to connect to salesforce (CRM) API for over
a year now and today I added a new field 'Amount' to the salesforce and
extracted the WDSLfile. On my local system running Window XP I did a
Web References Update and everything worked fine. However, on our
production server running Windows 2003 Server I got the following error
message.

CS0117: 'site.sforce.Lead' does not contain a definition for
'Amount__c'

Ex.
lead.Description = Description;
lead.Amount__c = Amount; // Only this fails. Works when I remove this
line.

Why is that? Why on Windows 2003 Server and not on XP? I restarted IIS
services as well too and still get the same problem.

Any suggestions?

Make sure that your production server has been updated with tbe binaries
built from the new WSDL. This looks very much like you didn't update the
server web reference to take the new field into account.

John