CS0117: 'site.sforce.Lead' does not contain a definition for 'Amount__c'

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by maflatoun@gmail.com, Aug 8, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi everyone,

    I've been using webservices to connect to salesforce (CRM) API for over
    a year now and today I added a new field 'Amount' to the salesforce and
    extracted the WDSLfile. On my local system running Window XP I did a
    Web References Update and everything worked fine. However, on our
    production server running Windows 2003 Server I got the following error
    message.

    CS0117: 'site.sforce.Lead' does not contain a definition for
    'Amount__c'

    Ex.
    lead.Description = Description;
    lead.Amount__c = Amount; // Only this fails. Works when I remove this
    line.

    Why is that? Why on Windows 2003 Server and not on XP? I restarted IIS
    services as well too and still get the same problem.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks
    Maz.

    , Aug 8, 2006

  2. <> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I've been using webservices to connect to salesforce (CRM) API for over
    > a year now and today I added a new field 'Amount' to the salesforce and
    > extracted the WDSLfile. On my local system running Window XP I did a
    > Web References Update and everything worked fine. However, on our
    > production server running Windows 2003 Server I got the following error
    > message.
    >
    > CS0117: 'site.sforce.Lead' does not contain a definition for
    > 'Amount__c'
    >
    > Ex.
    > lead.Description = Description;
    > lead.Amount__c = Amount; // Only this fails. Works when I remove this
    > line.
    >
    > Why is that? Why on Windows 2003 Server and not on XP? I restarted IIS
    > services as well too and still get the same problem.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Make sure that your production server has been updated with tbe binaries
    built from the new WSDL. This looks very much like you didn't update the
    server web reference to take the new field into account.

    John

    John Saunders, Aug 8, 2006