CS0234 Global does not exist ... but it genuinely does

Bill Johnson

Server Error in 'DataGrid' Application

Compilation Error

CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Global' does not exist in the class
or namespace 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid' (are you missing an
assembly reference?)

I get the above error ONLY WHEN I create a brand new, empty C# ASP.NET
web application WITH THE SAME NAME AS A PREVIOUSLY DELETED application
web. I had previously created a C# ASP.NET web application named
'DataGrid', but it had errors and I wanted to start again from scratch.
I deleted all files and directories containing the name 'DataGrid'
from the following places:

1. Via IIS Admin, deleted Virtual directory 'DataGrid'
2. From \Documents and
Settings\Bill.Johnson\VSWebCache\Server01\DataGrid
3. \WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\datagrid

.... and recycled IIS.

I can create a brand new, empty C# ASP.NET web application which runs
fine, i.e., with no errors.

I believe that there is something lingering around someplace on my
computer that says "Name=DataGrid?" Sure, I have it saved over
here...." How can I _completely_ remove all IIS, C#, ASP.NET
references to a former project/solution and use the same name again?

Thanks.