    I'm trying to use a DLL in my web app and get CS0234 (Namespace error).

    Is there no way to use a DLL that was written in VB in a C# web app??

    -George W.
    George W., Jun 4, 2004

  2. George W.

    Janaka Guest

    If this was written in VB.NET it shouldn't pose a problem - was the dll
    written in VB 6 or earlier?

    Janaka, Jun 4, 2004

  3. George W.

    George W. Guest

    No, it was written in VB.NET. But, when I have my ASP.NET pages set to
    language="c#", the assembly does not work. If I change to language="vb"
    and change nothing else, it works fine. Maybe there's something else I'm
    missing? Is it possible that the VB assembly contains obsolete VB6 code?
    Otherwise, I can't think of what would cause it. But if I'm compiling in
    VS.NET 2003, shouldn't it be enforcing VB.NET? (I'm a newbie to VB, only
    have experience with C# as far as .NET goes.)

    George W., Jun 4, 2004
  4. George W.

    Janaka Guest

    Sorry i didn't look at the error you mentioned. .NET doesn't care if you
    write your code in VB.NET, C#, J#, C++ or any other managed language because
    these all compile into IL. Your Namespace error is probably due to a
    namespace collision with an existing namespace. For example if you've tried
    giving a namespace already associated with .NET such as System.Data you will
    not be allowed to use.

    Sorry I can't think of any other cause for this error?

    Janaka, Jun 4, 2004