CS0234

jack

I have created webform controls by following steps from one of the
site.
but when im placing the control on the form im getting below compiler
error
im not able to get what is this and tried a lot on net

Please help me as im not able to get a hand on it

This is the result that i get on the browser .
Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Global'
does not exist in the class or namespace 'System.Web.UI.UserControl'
(are you missing an assembly reference?)

WebUserControl1.ascx
<%@ Control Language="c#" AutoEventWireup="false"
Codebehind="WebUserControl1.ascx.cs"
Inherits="UserControl.WebUserControl1"
TargetSchema="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5"%>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="links"
Src="WebUserControl1.ascx" %>
<P>
Hello World!!!
</P>

webform1.aspx
<uc1:WebUserControl1 id="WebUserControl11"
runat="server"></uc1:WebUserControl1>
</form>

Thanks for replying me

Mark Fitzpatrick

Did you compile the application first? Usually I get this error because the
Global.asax file does not exist or I haven't compiled it yet and the app is
requesting the Global.asax, which doesn't exist yet or has not been
compiled.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage