CS0433: The type 'ProfileCommon' exists in both...

Guest

I'm trying to use a custom profile provider and I'm receiving this error
message after I deploy a published version of the app. The app works fine
when it is run in source code mode. It works fine if I run the published
version on the same machine it is developed on, but not when I copy the
published version to a different machine. The error goes away if I remove
all of the profile properties from the web config.

CS0433: The type 'ProfileCommon' exists in both
'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\root\dc8cbf9e\f05d928b\assembly\dl3\2f0caf74\881e5468_eec7c601\App_Code.DLL'
and 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\root\dc8cbf9e\f05d928b\App_Code.r_z1bmqm.dll'

Thanks,
Phil

Harsh

Hi Phil,
I am facing the same error. I had 20 such errors while Publishing the
project.
I tried hard to overcome but it didn't worked. I tried things told by
peter (eggheadcafe), but still not working.
please tell me any solution u found.
Thanks
harshal

Guest

Hello Harsh,

Sorry for the slow reply, I missed the notification of your posting.

For me the issue was because I was deleting the PrecompiledApp.config file
when I deployed the app. Apparently that file tells the .Net runtime that
the app is already compiled and not to recompile it again. Without the file
the runtime tries to compile the app again conflicts arise.

Once I put the file back in and redeployed everything worked fine.

Hope this helps!
-Phil