cscope like source code navigation for python code

Gelonida

Hi,

I'm using g?vim and its c-scope plugin for browsing C-code.

What would be a good way of navigating larger python projects with vim?

thanks for any suggestions

Gelonida

Thanks Tim.

This looks quite interesting.

I prefereed vim/cscope for navigation, but guess after some learning
with vim/ctags I should get along quite well.

My biggest problem with is, that ctrl-] doesn't ask you to which tag to
jump in case multiple options exist.

Tim Harig

I prefereed vim/cscope for navigation, but guess after some learning
with vim/ctags I should get along quite well.

It takes a little getting used to because it isn't as intuative as cscope's
visual navigation; but, it is quite efficient once you have internalized
it. It also has a portability advantage. ctags works with all versions of
vi so you are not just limited to vim. Excuberant ctags works with most
langauges that you are likely to be working in and many tools are available
that produce ctags files for other languages.
My biggest problem with is, that ctrl-] doesn't ask you to which tag to
jump in case multiple options exist.

It usually jumps to the most relavant tag. If necessary, you can specify
exactly which tag you need with ":tag".