css: a:hover and images

Jochen Fuhrmann

Hi,
is there a way to combine the a:hover link option with a image?
Instead of changing the color or size of a text, i just want to
show a picture and to change it when the mouse is over it.

jochen

Steve Pugh

Jochen Fuhrmann said:
is there a way to combine the a:hover link option with a image?
Instead of changing the color or size of a text, i just want to
show a picture and to change it when the mouse is over it.

Only if it's a background image. Foreground images are content not
presentation and thus are outside of CSS.

Steve

Jochen Fuhrmann

Steve Pugh said:
Only if it's a background image. Foreground images are content not
presentation and thus are outside of CSS.

could you maybe post me an example how to include that in my
code? i don't really understand how to manage the background image
in terms of links.

thx
jochen