    thank you!
    ching

    , Jan 26, 2006

  2. Els Guest

    wrote:

    > sorry, new to css, this question may be odd:
    > wonder if absolute position TOP and LEFT can start counting from within
    > the whole page top left corner?

    Yes, if you give <table> position:relative.

    > i try to build a photo gallery where thumb images on the top and bottom
    > shows the display if mouse over that thumb image. however, the display
    > photo can not match the measurement of the background (1st image)..
    > tremendous headache...

    Here, have a paracetamol ;-)

    > thank you!

    You're welcome :)

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Jan 26, 2006

    , Jan 26, 2006
  4. saz Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > thank you Els!
    >
    > changed to position:relative, but still not work as expected.
    >
    > hope you don't mind help see what is wrong in css?
    > http://www.mynovember.net/shop/trythiscss.html
    >
    > thanks,
    > ching

    You didn't ask, but I think you should reconsider this design. It is
    not user friendly.

    saz, Jan 26, 2006
  5. Els Guest

    wrote:

    > thank you Els!
    >
    > changed to position:relative, but still not work as expected.
    >
    > hope you don't mind help see what is wrong in css?
    > http://www.mynovember.net/shop/trythiscss.html

    First of all: please quote the relevant bits of the message you are
    replying to, so we don't have to remember (or guess) what it was you
    are replying to.

    Second: Your HTML is full of errors (169):
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.mynovember.net/shop/trythiscss.html

    It starts with having no <html> opening tag, and then:

    A div's closing tag with an id??

    A table in between two rows?

    Your CSS might not be caused by the HTML errors, but since I can't be
    certain of that, it would still help me to help you if you just
    validate your code, correct the errors, and then come back.
    FWIW, in Opera the effect on hover over those images is far worse than
    on Firefox, while I know that with valid code and good CSS, both
    browsers could easily do what you want.

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Jan 26, 2006
  6. wrote:
    > changed to position:relative, but still not work as expected.

    Leaving aside the other problems with the page, which other people have
    mentioned already - Els did not say to change the /image/ from position:
    absolute to position: relative.

    BTW - please follow the conventions of this community and provide context to
    what you are responding to.

    http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Jan 26, 2006

    , Jan 26, 2006

    i got my problem solved!!

    very special THANKS to Els! You are right - not css but my html table
    problem :)
    your direction of letting me validate html code really works

    thank you!
    ching

    , Jan 27, 2006