CSS and Calendar Control

Miguel Dias Moura

Hello,

i am trying to create a .css file with several styles and apply them to the
calendar control so i can change the look of:

1. Text Type and Format (Bold, Underline, etc)
2. Background Color
3. Foreground Color
4. Border Tickness
5. Border Color
6. Calendar Size and each field size

I want to change this items to all the areas, such as Title, Day, Weekend,
etc.

Can you help me out?

Thank You,
Miguel

Scott M.

Have you even looked at the various properties that a Calendar control has?
I am guessing no because everything you want to do can be set by simply
setting the various properties.

Miguel Dias Moura

Yes sure i looked and i allready did it. But i wanted to create CSS styles
so i could use, reuse it and change it in an easy way.
That's what i am looking for. To format the way i just did but using css

Thanks,
Miguel

Scott M.

Miguel, I don't think you are following me here....

You don't use CSS directly on a server control such as the calendar. You
use whatever properties it exposes such as "SelectedDateStyle". When the
control is rendered to the browser, those properties will be translated into
the appropriate CSS commands since all server controls render to the client
as HTML/JavaScript/CSS.

If you use the properties, there is no reason you wouldn't still be able to
use, reuse and change it easily.

Dan Brussee

Actually, Im afraid you are misunderstanding the issue.

The control may have nice little properties in it's own proprietary
method of setting styles, but most of the world currently uses style
sheets. Why reinvent what already exists? I think it is a fair
question to ask how to use a style sheet to render anything in the
..NET suite of components. Some of the items have this as a feature,
but others do not. It really should be available everywhere. Just
include a CSSStyle property on anything that the programmer has
control over (everything???)

Eric Caron

Hi Miguel,

I can support the claim that sometimes the styles do not apply correctly on
the calendar control. I encountered the same problem with a project here.
The month name sometimes would not render with the class I had applied. It
is a strange problem and I did not find a solution...

Éric.