    IE but in firefox the images to the left go further down the page but do
    not drag the white background down with them so they appear to be outside of
    the content pane.

    Jamie Allison, Aug 7, 2006

  2. Jamie Allison

    Rik Guest

    Rik, Aug 7, 2006

  3. "Rik" <> wrote in message
    news:91fe3$44d73912$8259c69c$...
    > Jamie Allison wrote:
    >> Any ideas why http://www.northeastimports.co.uk/poker.shtml displays
    >> ok in IE but in firefox the images to the left go further down the
    >> page but do not drag the white background down with them so they
    >> appear to be outside of the content pane.

    > Because they're floated, IE incorrectly stretches the container to
    > incorporate them.
    >
    > http://www.quirksmode.org/css/clearing.html

    Thanks,

    It works perfect now :)

    Jamie Allison, Aug 7, 2006
  4. Jamie Allison

    canadafred Guest

    Rik wrote:

    > Because they're floated, IE incorrectly stretches the container to
    > incorporate them.

    I'll never get used to this CSS stuff.

    I'm just a good ol' fashioned NotePad kinda' guy. Code in my sleep
    every night for the morning's modifications. That's after coffee 2.0 of
    course. Gotta' learn this CSS; stuff's gonna' be here for a while I
    see. Doesn't look too complicated at first glance. Best to start
    finding something to read on it I suppose. Wiki's always a good place
    for a good quick synopsis. Gonna' go there for a while and start
    learning this CSS stuff. ... See ya'

    Respectfully
    --
    Fred