    effecting the way the spreadsheet is built. The spreadsheet uses all it's
    own defaults.

    thanks

    shank, Dec 11, 2004

  2. shank wrote:
    > I use ASP to generate spreadsheets. That works fine. Is there a way
    > to use CSS to influence the way the data is presented in the excel
    > spreadsheet?

    No. CSS applies to HTML

    > I tried setting the font family, size, nowrap, etc. None
    > of it seems to be effecting the way the spreadsheet is built. The
    > spreadsheet uses all it's own defaults.
    >
    > thanks

    Create a spreadsheet containing the properties you want. Export it to html
    and view its source to see what you have to generate with your asp code.

    You can also use the generated html as a template to which you can append
    your data via response.writes.

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"