CSS and excel

shank

I use ASP to generate spreadsheets. That works fine. Is there a way to use
CSS to influence the way the data is presented in the excel spreadsheet? I
tried setting the font family, size, nowrap, etc. None of it seems to be
effecting the way the spreadsheet is built. The spreadsheet uses all it's
own defaults.

thanks

Bob Barrows [MVP]

shank said:
I use ASP to generate spreadsheets. That works fine. Is there a way
to use CSS to influence the way the data is presented in the excel
spreadsheet?

No. CSS applies to HTML
I tried setting the font family, size, nowrap, etc. None
of it seems to be effecting the way the spreadsheet is built. The
spreadsheet uses all it's own defaults.

thanks

Create a spreadsheet containing the properties you want. Export it to html
and view its source to see what you have to generate with your asp code.

You can also use the generated html as a template to which you can append
your data via response.writes.