CSS and Fixed Image

Eye Buzz

Hello,

I'm looking to keep a table or image fixed on a page so it does not scroll
with the rest of the page AND it stays on top of the other images. I found
out how to do this for a background image and css but not an image that
stays on top of other elements. If you can help or direct me to help,
thanks.

Tim

SpaceGirl

Eye Buzz said:
Hello,

I'm looking to keep a table or image fixed on a page so it does not scroll
with the rest of the page AND it stays on top of the other images. I found
out how to do this for a background image and css but not an image that
stays on top of other elements. If you can help or direct me to help,
thanks.

Tim

You can only do this through JavaScript and layers (divs) - there is a CSS
property for doing this, but I'm pretty sure only one or two obscure
browsers support it (definitely not IE).

Miranda

Warden Dave

Eye Buzz said:
I'm looking to keep a table or image fixed on a page so it does not scroll
with the rest of the page AND it stays on top of the other images. I found
out how to do this for a background image and css but not an image that
stays on top of other elements. If you can help or direct me to help,
thanks.

A JavaScript-less example: http://www.mnsys.org/niwo/topbox2.html

WD

David Dorward

SpaceGirl said:
You can only do this through JavaScript and layers (divs) - there is a CSS
property for doing this, but I'm pretty sure only one or two obscure
browsers support it (definitely not IE).

Every current CSS browser (i.e. not "one or two obscure browsers") except IE
supports position: fixed.

SpaceGirl

David Dorward said:
Every current CSS browser (i.e. not "one or two obscure browsers") except IE
supports position: fixed.

I haven't tried in in Mozilla I'll admit. I dont class Moz as obscure :)