    stays on top of other elements. If you can help or direct me to help,
    thanks.

    Tim
    Eye Buzz, Jun 15, 2004

  2. Eye Buzz

    SpaceGirl Guest

    "Eye Buzz" <> wrote in message
    news:0zEzc.29733$...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm looking to keep a table or image fixed on a page so it does not scroll
    > with the rest of the page AND it stays on top of the other images. I

    found
    > out how to do this for a background image and css but not an image that
    > stays on top of other elements. If you can help or direct me to help,
    > thanks.
    >
    > Tim

    You can only do this through JavaScript and layers (divs) - there is a CSS
    property for doing this, but I'm pretty sure only one or two obscure
    browsers support it (definitely not IE).

    Miranda
    SpaceGirl, Jun 15, 2004

  3. Eye Buzz

    Warden Dave Guest

    "Eye Buzz" <> wrote:

    > I'm looking to keep a table or image fixed on a page so it does not scroll
    > with the rest of the page AND it stays on top of the other images. I found
    > out how to do this for a background image and css but not an image that
    > stays on top of other elements. If you can help or direct me to help,
    > thanks.

    A JavaScript-less example: http://www.mnsys.org/niwo/topbox2.html

    WD
    Warden Dave, Jun 15, 2004
  4. SpaceGirl wrote:

    > You can only do this through JavaScript and layers (divs) - there is a CSS
    > property for doing this, but I'm pretty sure only one or two obscure
    > browsers support it (definitely not IE).

    Every current CSS browser (i.e. not "one or two obscure browsers") except IE
    supports position: fixed.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Jun 15, 2004
  5. Eye Buzz

    SpaceGirl Guest

    "David Dorward" <> wrote in message
    > SpaceGirl wrote:
    >
    > > You can only do this through JavaScript and layers (divs) - there is a

    CSS
    > > property for doing this, but I'm pretty sure only one or two obscure
    > > browsers support it (definitely not IE).

    > Every current CSS browser (i.e. not "one or two obscure browsers") except

    IE
    > supports position: fixed.

    > Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    I haven't tried in in Mozilla I'll admit. I dont class Moz as obscure :)
    SpaceGirl, Jun 15, 2004
  6. Eye Buzz

    SpaceGirl Guest

    "Warden Dave" <> wrote in message
    > "Eye Buzz" <> wrote:
    >
    > > I'm looking to keep a table or image fixed on a page so it does not

    scroll
    > > with the rest of the page AND it stays on top of the other images. I

    found
    > > out how to do this for a background image and css but not an image that
    > > stays on top of other elements. If you can help or direct me to help,
    > > thanks.

    > A JavaScript-less example: http://www.mnsys.org/niwo/topbox2.html
    >
    > WD

    Works too! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm