CSS and form elements

Terry Murray

Hi everyone:

I am rather new to CSS. I was wondering if I could be pointed to resources
(or perhaps be showed a code snippet right here) on how I can affect the
appearance of form elements (ie. the color and size of buttons, text areas,
select menus, etc.)

Thanks in advance

Terry

brucie

in post
I was wondering if I could be pointed to resources (or perhaps be
showed a code snippet right here) on how I can affect the appearance
of form elements (ie. the color and size of buttons, text areas,
select menus, etc.)

browser support for styling form elements varies or can be turned off.
there are also usability issues if form elements don't look like form
elements.

http://gutfeldt.ch/matthias/articles/styleforms/

rf

Terry Murray said:
Hi everyone:

I am rather new to CSS. I was wondering if I could be pointed to resources
(or perhaps be showed a code snippet right here) on how I can affect the
appearance of form elements (ie. the color and size of buttons, text areas,
select menus, etc.)

There's nothing special about them. Just use the same sort of CSS you would
use for any other element:

input, select {color: red; background-color: yellow;}

Cheers

Richard.