    large. Any thoughts on this?
    Thanks
    Tom
    Tom, Sep 19, 2003

  2. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Have worked it out...
    Needed to include the margin setting
    Tom, Sep 19, 2003

  3. Toby A Inkster, Sep 19, 2003
  4. Tom pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
    > Hi
    > I am using the following CSS for my h1 tag.
    >
    > h1 {
    > font-size:0.9em;
    > font-family: verdana, sans serif;
    > font-weight: bold;
    > color:#000000;
    > line-height: 1em
    > }
    >
    > However there is a very large space between the heading and the next piece
    > of text as if it thinks that the line height after the text should be very
    > large. Any thoughts on this?

    I see by your second post that you've found the margin attribute. But, do
    you really want your major headings to be smaller than your paragraph
    text? 0.9em ? Wouldn't a setting around 1.6em be better?

    Perhaps it is because you've chosen Verdana, which is too large to start
    with...

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 19, 2003
  5. Tom

    PTG Guest

    Set padding and margin to zero?

    PTG, Sep 19, 2003
  6. "Tom" <> wrote in message news:<bkf4kc$1cp$>...
    > Hi
    > I am using the following CSS for my h1 tag.
    >
    > h1 {
    > font-size:0.9em;
    > font-family: verdana, sans serif;
    > font-weight: bold;
    > color:#000000;
    > line-height: 1em
    > }
    >
    > However there is a very large space between the heading and the next piece
    > of text as if it thinks that the line height after the text should be very
    > large. Any thoughts on this?
    > Thanks
    > Tom

    Try adding margin:0 to that.