    .tab_corsi td:first-child{background:#444;color:#F06}
    .tab_corsi td+td:hover{background:#444;color:white}
    .tab_corsi tr:first-child{background:#444;color:#F06}
    nicolacantalupo, Jan 10, 2008

  2. I have this css:
    /* table corsi */
    ..tab_corsi{font-size:12px;border:0px}
    ..tab_corsi td{border:0px}
    ..tab_corsi td:first-child{background:#444;color:#F06}
    ..tab_corsi td+td:hover{background:#444;color:white}
    ..tab_corsi tr:first-child{background:#444;color:#F06}

    internet explorer is not compatible whit last 3 rows!
    solution?
    nicolacantalupo, Jan 10, 2008

  3. nicolacantalupo

    rf Guest

    "nicolacantalupo" <> wrote in message
    >I have this css:
    > /* table corsi */
    > .tab_corsi{font-size:12px;border:0px}
    > .tab_corsi td{border:0px}
    > .tab_corsi td:first-child{background:#444;color:#F06}
    > .tab_corsi td+td:hover{background:#444;color:white}
    > .tab_corsi tr:first-child{background:#444;color:#F06}
    >
    > internet explorer is not compatible whit last 3 rows!
    > solution?

    None. Those selectors are not supported by IE.

    --
    Richard.
    rf, Jan 10, 2008
  4. solution?
    thanks for the tip
    by
    nicolacantalupo, Jan 10, 2008
  5. nicolacantalupo wrote:
    > solution?
    > thanks for the tip
    > by

    >>> .tab_corsi td:first-child{background:#444;color:#F06}

    Make a specific class

    >>> .tab_corsi td+td:hover{background:#444;color:white}

    Use JavaScript to attach a onmouseover event or HTC with IE's
    proprietary behavior() CSS property

    >>> .tab_corsi tr:first-child{background:#444;color:#F06}

    Make a specific class

    Yes, IE's meager CSS support is a pain...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 10, 2008
  6. nicolacantalupo

    GTalbot Guest

    On 10 jan, 06:03, "rf" <> wrote:
    > "nicolacantalupo" <> wrote in message

    > >I have this css:
    > > /* table corsi */
    > > .tab_corsi{font-size:12px;border:0px}
    > > .tab_corsi td{border:0px}
    > > .tab_corsi td:first-child{background:#444;color:#F06}
    > > .tab_corsi td+td:hover{background:#444;color:white}
    > > .tab_corsi tr:first-child{background:#444;color:#F06}

    > > internet explorer is not compatible whit last 3 rows!
    > > solution?

    > None. Those selectors are not supported by IE.
    >
    > --
    > Richard.

    Richard, first-child selector and adjacent sibling selector are
    selectors supported by MSIE 7. I'm pretty sure you are aware of this
    too. Just wanted to be sure...

    Nico, you may want to look, examine these articles, webpages:

    http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=StylingColumns
    http://yelotofu.com/2007/05/styling-table-columns/
    http://www.info.com.ph/~etan/w3pantheon/style/selectomania.html

    Regards, Gérard
    --
    Internet Explorer 7 bugs
    http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/MSIE7Bugs/
    GTalbot, Jan 10, 2008
  7. nicolacantalupo

    GTalbot Guest

    On 10 jan, 09:52, "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:
    > nicolacantalupo wrote:
    > > solution?
    > > thanks for the tip
    > > by

    > Make a specific class

    > Use JavaScript to attach a onmouseover event or HTC with IE's
    > proprietary behavior() CSS property

    > Make a specific class
    >
    > Yes, IE's meager CSS support is a pain...

    "
    Finally, we added new features from CSS2.1:
    * Selectors: first-child, adjacent, attribute,
    "

    Details on our CSS changes for IE7

    To Nico,

    IE6 is now considered an old and buggy browser. Most people now switch
    to Firefox 2 (Firefox 3 will be released in February 2008, in Italian
    too) or to Opera 9.50 or to Safari 3.

    .tab_corsi{font-size:12px;border:0px}

    I advise you to avoid setting font-size to px unit and to small font
    size. I have my minimum font size set to 13px and 12px may be small
    for over 40 years old people.

    "
    1. Legibility Problems
    Bad fonts won the vote by a landslide, getting almost twice as many
    votes as the #2 mistake. About two-thirds of the voters complained
    about small font sizes or frozen font sizes;
    "
    Top Ten Web Design Mistakes of 2005
    http://www.useit.com/alertbox/designmistakes.html

    Font size should be ideally in relative unit like %, not in pixels.
    "
    Do not specify the font-size in pt, or other absolute length units
    (like px) for screen stylesheets. They render inconsistently across
    platforms and can't be resized by the User Agent (e.g browser). Keep
    the usage of such units for styling on media with fixed and known
    physical properties (e.g print).
    Use relative length units such as percent
    "
    W3C Quality Assurance tip for webmasters:
    Care With Font Size
    http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/font-size

    Also
    http://k75s.home.att.net/fontsize.html by Beauregard T. Shagnasty
    is worth reading and is often mentionned in this newsgroup.

    Regards, Gérard
    GTalbot, Jan 10, 2008
  8. GTalbot wrote:
    > On 10 jan, 09:52, "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:

    >> Yes, IE's meager CSS support is a pain...

    > "
    > Finally, we added new features from CSS2.1:
    > * Selectors: first-child, adjacent, attribute,
    > "
    >
    > Details on our CSS changes for IE7

    Ah yes, but guess what OP's version of IE was?

    SV1; .NET

    And wouldn't have been nice if they had also implemented many of the
    other CSS2.1 properties they lack, and without "features" as you have
    pointed out

    http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/MSIE7Bugs/
    Bugs in MSIE 7 for Windows

    Gee you're up to a 100! Woot, woot!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 10, 2008
  9. nicolacantalupo

    GTalbot Guest

    On 10 jan, 04:52, nicolacantalupo <> wrote:

    > internet explorer is not compatible whit last 3 rows!
    > solution?

    Le ragioni di Internet Explorer by Gabriele Romanato
    http://www.css-zibaldone.com/articoli/ragioni-ie/index.html

    http://www.css-zibaldone.com/articoli.html

    End 6!
    Make the Net a happier place
    http://www.end6.org/

    Why do you keep using IE6?
    http://www.quimble.com/poll/view/5744

    Is it OK to stop supporting Internet Explorer 6?
    http://www.milienzo.com/2007/08/06/is-it-ok-to-stop-supporting-internet-explorer-6/

    Why do we bother with IE?
    http://blog.patspam.com/2007/10/18/why-do-we-bother-with-ie/

    Internet Explorer 6 Gripes
    http://www.computergripes.com/IE6.html
    Bugs, bugs, bugs
    http://www.computergripes.com/IE6.html#Latest Bugs

    Internet Explorer can make your computer unsafe. Why not switch to a
    browser that's more secure?
    http://browsehappy.com/

    Regards, Gérard
    GTalbot, Jan 11, 2008