CSS and Perl V/S RestofTechniques

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Animesh Kumar, Jul 18, 2005.

  1. Hello Everyone,

    I am back after an exam. I am trying to develop a poetry page, an
    example of which can be seen here:

    http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/~animesh/poetry/gif/bhari_anjuri_d.htm

    Some images need to be polished for a better and smoother look, however,
    the skeleton, as I feel will remain the same. A bunch of footer-links
    have to be placed as well.

    Someone told that PhP can be used to automatically generate pages. I
    don't know much of PhP, but after I read a few lessons from Perl, I used
    the techniques there to make an "automatic" page-generator (with command
    line interface). I need to input the desired output HTML file name,
    image file in *the strange* language, title of the page, keywords,
    contents, and fav.ico file from a list.

    Right now, am thinking of adding an automatic hyperlink on a main-page
    based on what file-name I give.

    Is there a better way to do this? I am happy since it took less than 2
    hrs to do this stuff. And the concept will remain nearly the same,
    regardless of how complicated I make the interface (as to what has to be
    put in the main page).

    Best regards,
    Animesh

    PS: One crib is that I need to upload the final files, unlike what a PhP
    based page can do. CGI may come to rescue. Are there tools to convert a
    perl script to an (efficient) CGI one?
    Animesh Kumar, Jul 18, 2005

  2. Animesh Kumar wrote:

    <snip>

    Is this heavily Off-Topic here? Any other forums to take this matter?
    Animesh Kumar, Jul 19, 2005