css and skins in 2.0

jhcorey

I made a change to my Styles.css file on my machine, but when I copy
this to a server, I don't see the effect of the changes that I made.

I'm using skins that associate different kinds of controls with
different style classes using cssClass. Is this association kept in a
binary? I haven't changed the skin file itself.

When I change just the css file on my machine, I see the results
immediately. But I can't get them to take on the server. I've stopped
and started the web site.

Now, I may have made a simple mistake, but is there anything else going
on here?

Scott Allen

I made a change to my Styles.css file on my machine, but when I copy
this to a server, I don't see the effect of the changes that I made.

I'm using skins that associate different kinds of controls with
different style classes using cssClass. Is this association kept in a
binary? I haven't changed the skin file itself.

When I change just the css file on my machine, I see the results
immediately. But I can't get them to take on the server. I've stopped
and started the web site.

Now, I may have made a simple mistake, but is there anything else going
on here?

I'd make sure this isn't a caching issue by deleting client side cache
(Tools-> General -> Delete Files in IE). IE caches .css pretty
aggressively.

Skins are compiled into an assembly, but if the skins didn't change it
shouldn't be an issue.