    is fine but Netscape simply does not set the width.
    IE is fine.
    Anyone have a solution to this annoyance ?

    Sink, Dec 9, 2003

  2. Sink

    MSFT Guest

    What is the version of your NN? I heard that CSS for <SPAN> is not
    supported well in some versions.

    Luke
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    MSFT, Dec 10, 2003

  3. Sink

    Sink Guest

    Hi Luke,
    Thanks again for all your support. I was using
    7.0 but after checking the latest stats on browser usage,
    I have decided to stop wasting my time; the lowest numbers
    I have seen relay 80% plus IE 5+ usage with the higher
    stats showing 90%+.
    The old 80-20 rule comes into play and Netscape is no
    longer going to be an issue for me. Sorry to waste your
    time, I will instead focus on screen size optimizations
    rather than browser and just issue a warning to diehard
    NN users that they should change.
    Any thoughts?
    Regards
    G.,

    and confers no

    Sink, Dec 10, 2003
  4. Sink

    MSFT Guest

    Hi Gary,

    You can determine the client browser's type with request.Browser in
    asp.net, especially, request.Browser.AOL.

    MSFT, Dec 11, 2003