css background doesn`t change - hover doesn`t work

Discussion in 'HTML' started by MZ, Mar 16, 2008.

  1. MZ

    MZ Guest

    Hello!

    I have tried to do it by myself but I cannot understand why it doesn`t work.

    I have such css:

    div.fListBox
    {
    width:296px;
    cursor:pointer;
    padding-bottom:5px;
    background-color:transparent;
    }

    div.fListBox:hover
    {
    background-color: black;
    }

    Everything works fine in Firefox, but not in IE.
    I don`t know why? Can you help me?

    The error is when you move mouse i.e. onto "JAS-FBG: logistyka wysokiej jakosci"
    in the "POZOSTALE WIADOMOSCI" box (first right column).

    Here is the whole page:
    http://michalinaken.w.interia.pl/tm.html

    Thank you in advance
    Martin from Poland
    MZ, Mar 16, 2008

  2. MZ

    John Hosking Guest

    MZ wrote:

    > div.fListBox:hover
    > {
    > background-color: black;
    > }
    >
    > Everything works fine in Firefox, but not in IE.
    > I don`t know why? Can you help me?

    I haven't looked at your page but, just skimming through your post, I'm
    guessing you're talking about IE6 or older. The old versions of IE don't
    support :hover on elements other than <a>. I assume that's the problem
    you're seeing.

    --
    John
    Read about the UIP: http://improve-usenet.org/
    John Hosking, Mar 16, 2008

  3. MZ wrote:

    > Here is the whole page:
    > http://michalinaken.w.interia.pl/tm.html

    I was so distracted by all the blinking, jumping and moving stuff - all
    over the page - that I couldn't find the link you were talking about.
    There is little that causes visitors to hit the Back button quicker than
    a page that sends them into an epileptic fit.

    --
    -bts
    -Friends don't let friends drive Vista
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 16, 2008
  4. MZ

    MZ Guest

    I have used javascript code and onmouseover and onmouseout event to do it.

    Thank everyone for reading my post
    Marcin

    Uzytkownik "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> napisal w
    wiadomosci news:cP9Dj.15070$...

    MZ, Mar 16, 2008
  5. MZ

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <cP9Dj.15070$>,
    "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:

    > MZ wrote:
    >
    > > Here is the whole page:
    > > http://michalinaken.w.interia.pl/tm.html

    > I was so distracted by all the blinking, jumping and moving stuff - all
    > over the page - that I couldn't find the link you were talking about.
    > There is little that causes visitors to hit the Back button quicker than
    > a page that sends them into an epileptic fit.

    The delay in rendering even on my very respectable ADSL 2
    broadband connection was enough.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Mar 16, 2008
  6. MZ

    Ed Mullen Guest

    dorayme wrote:
    > In article
    > <cP9Dj.15070$>,
    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:
    >
    >> MZ wrote:
    >>
    >>> Here is the whole page:
    >>> http://michalinaken.w.interia.pl/tm.html

    >> I was so distracted by all the blinking, jumping and moving stuff - all
    >> over the page - that I couldn't find the link you were talking about.
    >> There is little that causes visitors to hit the Back button quicker than
    >> a page that sends them into an epileptic fit.

    > The delay in rendering even on my very respectable ADSL 2
    > broadband connection was enough.

    Yeah, I gave up after a while on my 6+ Mbps cable connect. Isn't it
    kinda sad though? I mean, remember the "old days" when we'd wait
    seemingly forever for Web pages to load? Or even start downloading a
    file at 300 baud and then just walk away to make dinner? Boy, talk
    about impatience! Now I have some inkling of what my bi-polar nephew
    goes through trying to stick with a task. Sheesh.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Mar 17, 2008
  7. MZ

    MZ Guest

    Uzytkownik "Ed Mullen" <> napisal w wiadomosci
    > dorayme wrote:
    >> In article <cP9Dj.15070$>,

    >>> I was so distracted by all the blinking, jumping and moving stuff - all
    >>> over the page - that I couldn't find the link you were talking about.
    >>> There is little that causes visitors to hit the Back button quicker than
    >>> a page that sends them into an epileptic fit.

    >> The delay in rendering even on my very respectable ADSL 2 broadband
    >> connection was enough.
    >>

    > Yeah, I gave up after a while on my 6+ Mbps cable connect. Isn't it kinda sad
    > though? I mean, remember the "old days" when we'd wait seemingly forever for
    > Web pages to load? Or even start downloading a file at 300 baud and then just
    > walk away to make dinner? Boy, talk about impatience! Now I have some
    > inkling of what my bi-polar nephew goes through trying to stick with a task.
    > Sheesh.

    I moved only my html + images files into the indirect portal.
    This portal is not the destiny of my original files.

    Unforutanately every web portal even a soft one, placed in interia.w.pl web
    pages, loads very slowly. It is not the fault of the structure of the html
    files built by me.

    Marcin
    MZ, Mar 17, 2008
  8. MZ

    Ed Mullen Guest

    MZ wrote:

    > Uzytkownik "Ed Mullen" <> napisal w wiadomosci
    >> dorayme wrote:

    >>> The delay in rendering even on my very respectable ADSL 2 broadband
    >>> connection was enough.
    >>>

    >> Yeah, I gave up after a while on my 6+ Mbps cable connect. Isn't it
    >> kinda sad though? I mean, remember the "old days" when we'd wait
    >> seemingly forever for Web pages to load? Or even start downloading a
    >> file at 300 baud and then just walk away to make dinner? Boy, talk
    >> about impatience! Now I have some inkling of what my bi-polar nephew
    >> goes through trying to stick with a task. Sheesh.
    >>

    > I moved only my html + images files into the indirect portal.
    > This portal is not the destiny of my original files.
    >
    > Unforutanately every web portal even a soft one, placed in interia.w.pl web
    > pages, loads very slowly. It is not the fault of the structure of the html
    > files built by me.
    >
    > Marcin

    I'm not sure about your usage of the term "web portal" and what it
    means. If you mean "web host" I have to disagree with you. The web
    host I use I settled on because they offer very fast access/load times.
    Even accessing my domain from around the world is quite fast. For me,
    in the U.S. (and I'm assuming, perhaps not correctly, that my shared
    server/host is U.S. based) using Comcast 6 Mbps cable Internet, loads in
    less than a second. Users from around the world have reported "long"
    load times of the link in my sig of less than 4 seconds.

    I use 1 and 1 dot com's "Home" package which costs 5 dollars a month
    including registration of 2 domains and very generous facilities.

    http://order.1and1.com/

    For a hobby, I find 5 dollars/month very reasonable, especially for the
    capabilities that are included.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net