CSS - bits of the page not being displayed

mark | r

www.neue.co.uk/template.htm

this is a sample interface for a database system. (private system IE6
only) - tho it does validate but hasnt been tested in moz

the top (white) section contains links which on page load dont show up for
some reason - when you select the area it appears again and remains visible
whilst you use the system, you can also click on the details/notes tabs to
see it appear

anyone know why its not working?

update: ive narrowed it down to the show/hide function? anyone help me out?

mark