    Hi what is a good CSS Book to learn css

    Thanks,

    Rob
    Robert G, Aug 8, 2004

  2. Robert G

    Webcastmaker Guest

    In article <MBqRc.3$>,
    says...
    > Hi what is a good CSS Book to learn css

    I like the Oreilly books.

    --
    WebcastMaker
    www.webentations.com
    Webcastmaker, Aug 8, 2004

  3. Robert G

    Robert G Guest

    thanks

    Robert G, Aug 8, 2004
  4. Robert G

    Robert G Guest

    "Robert G" <> wrote in message news:MBqRc.3$>

    I have seen one called Sams Teach yourself CSS in 24 hours. It has mixed
    reviews on the Amazon.com website. Some Really good and some really bad.
    Anyone use it. comments.
    Robert G, Aug 8, 2004
  5. Robert G

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 14:17:16 GMT, "Robert G" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi what is a good CSS Book to learn css

    Depends who you ask - opinions vary.

    My favourite is still Lie and Bos' "Cascading Style Sheets"
    It's not the most detailed book around, nor the most up to date, but
    it's the most easily understood _learning_ guide that I know.
    <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0201596253/codesmiths-20>

    Eric Meyer has a good book for more advanced uses, but I wouldn't like
    to try and learn from scratch with it..
    <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596005253/codesmiths-20>
    His web site at www.meyerweb.com is worth a look

    I don't much like his "CSS2 Programmer's Reference" though
    <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0072131780/codesmiths-20>
    Apart from anything, it suffer from "Nielsen syndrome" and is a book
    on typograpy that's itself so badly laid out that it's hard to read.

    I think Elizabeth Castro has one too, and I always liked her HTML 4
    book.

    --
    Smert' spamionam
    Andy Dingley, Aug 8, 2004
  6. Robert G

    Stephen Guest

    In news:,
    Andy Dingley <> expounded:
    | On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 14:17:16 GMT, "Robert G" <>
    | wrote:
    |
    || Hi what is a good CSS Book to learn css
    |
    | Depends who you ask - opinions vary.

    I'm no expert, but everytime I spend money to buy a book on a web authoring
    subject it always turns out that another one is better for one area ,
    another is better on something else, etc. I have read and watched on this ng
    and, between the examples of the experienced webmasters sites, their
    comments and answers to questions, and looking up the W3C spec for
    reference, I think I have learned more than I could with any one book. Some
    of these responders are really good!

    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS1 and
    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2

    --

    stephen
    Stephen, Aug 8, 2004
  7. Robert G <> wrote:
    > Hi what is a good CSS Book to learn css

    i've not read any books on the subject, but i've found eric
    meyer's web articles and such very helpful. if i were looking
    for a book on the subject, one of eric's would be the first i'd
    buy. it looks as if he wrote the o'reilly book on css.

    http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/books/
    --
    ____________________}John Flinchbaugh{______________________
    | http://www.hjsoft.com/~glynis/ |
    John M Flinchbaugh, Aug 8, 2004
  8. Robert G

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:MBqRc.3$>
    Robert G <> said:

    > Hi what is a good CSS Book to learn css

    everything you need to know is online and more up-to-date. get a good
    printer.

    --
    i h e a r v o i c e s
    brucie, Aug 8, 2004
  9. Robert G

    James Smith Guest

    Robert G wrote:

    >"Robert G" <> wrote in message news:MBqRc.3$>
    >
    >I have seen one called Sams Teach yourself CSS in 24 hours. It has mixed
    >reviews on the Amazon.com website. Some Really good and some really bad.
    >Anyone use it. comments.

    I have it here, great book, I'm still learning but it's easy. I've also
    got Learn PHP in 24 hours I got a while back it was easy to use too.

    J.
    James Smith, Aug 10, 2004
  10. "brucie" <> wrote in message
    > in post: <news:MBqRc.3$>
    > Robert G <> said:
    >
    > > Hi what is a good CSS Book to learn css

    > everything you need to know is online and more up-to-date. get a good
    > printer.
    >
    > --
    > i h e a r v o i c e s

    That is what I recommend as well. The w3c CSS2 spec sheet is probably the
    best overall reference there is on the subject. I printed the whole thing.
    I would estimate I spent around $10 dollars in ink and paper. A bargain as
    far as I am concerned. Of course other tutorials are going to help you
    reinforce your understanding of the specifications and provide varied
    examples as to its uses.

    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/cover.html#minitoc
    Shawn Modersohn, Aug 11, 2004
  11. Robert G

    Webcastmaker Guest

    In article <iIwSc.1730$>,
    says...
    > > > Hi what is a good CSS Book to learn css

    > > everything you need to know is online and more up-to-date. get a good
    > > printer.

    > That is what I recommend as well. The w3c CSS2 spec sheet is probably the
    > best overall reference there is on the subject.

    A spec sheet is usually not a great way to learn how to use
    something.
    --
    WebcastMaker
    www.webentations.com
    Webcastmaker, Aug 12, 2004
  12. "Webcastmaker" <> wrote in message
    > In article <iIwSc.1730$>,
    > says...
    > > > everything you need to know is online and more up-to-date. get a good
    > > > printer.

    > > That is what I recommend as well. The w3c CSS2 spec sheet is probably

    the
    > > best overall reference there is on the subject.

    > A spec sheet is usually not a great way to learn how to use
    > something.
    > --
    > WebcastMaker
    > The easiest and most affordable way to create
    > Web casts, or put presentations on the Web.
    > www.webentations.com

    Ordinarily I would agree, but in this case I recommend it highly. Since
    this is the spec sheet, it should be all inclusive. Furthermore, even
    though it is a spec sheet, it is not totally dry. It does provide examples
    with the semantics.
    Shawn Modersohn, Aug 12, 2004