CSS border problem

Discussion in 'HTML' started by [KS], Oct 4, 2004.

  1. [KS]

    [KS] Guest

    [KS], Oct 4, 2004

  2. [KS]

    Steve Pugh Guest

    On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 16:02:21 -0400, "[KS]"
    <> wrote:

    >I am facing a styling problem with the border style type. The page I'm
    >refering to is http://www.geocities.com/boneywasawarriorvayayix/
    >
    >It contains snippets of news items each enclosed with a brown border
    >supposed to be dashed. However, it is rendered as solid (in Gecko based
    >browsers). Could anyone explain why it is like that? Is it something I'm
    >doing wrong which causes it to appear solid.

    The borders on the header and footer are showing up dashed/dotted so
    maybe its the -moz rounded corners? What happens when you remove them?

    Whole page is nicely screwed up by IE isn't it? ;-)

    Steve

    Steve Pugh, Oct 4, 2004

  3. [KS]

    Mitja Guest

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am facing a styling problem with the border style type.
    > The page I'm refering to is
    > http://www.geocities.com/boneywasawarriorvayayix/

    No idea. Just two other quick tips:
    1) Instead of saying "./foo/bar.html" you can say "foo/bar.html" with the same effect.
    2) wayayix is spelled with an "W" :)

    Mitja, Oct 4, 2004
  4. [KS]

    [KS] Guest

    [KS], Oct 4, 2004
  5. [KS]

    [KS] Guest

    [KS], Oct 4, 2004
  6. [KS]

    [KS] Guest

    Steve Pugh wrote:

    > Whole page is nicely screwed up by IE isn't it? ;-)

    Now that you talked about it, I was tempted to check how it looked under
    IE. I checked with my friend's laptop running Win98 IE6.0 with latest
    updates. Surprisingly, IE does "gracefully" degrade the page without
    loosing any readable content.

    Phew!! I don't care much how IE renders it. The only good thing about it
    was that it didn't loose any text.

    [KS], Oct 5, 2004