css 'clear' not working on a page

Ben Bacarisse

fulio pen said:
the page is as follows:

http://www.pinyinology.com/diaoHao2a/neutral/principle.html

The last paragraph of the page starts with the word 'However'. I like
it to move it to the left by using the following:

p#clear {clear:both; }

But it is not working. Please teach me how to make it work. Thanks a
million.

You have some style rules that make paragraphs float: right. Clearing
other floats won't stop the paragraph in question being floated right.

dorayme

fulio pen said:
the page is as follows:

http://www.pinyinology.com/diaoHao2a/neutral/principle.html

The last paragraph of the page starts with the word 'However'. I like it to
move it to the left by using the following:

p#clear {clear:both; }

But it is not working. Please teach me how to make it work. Thanks a
million.

fulio pen

There is a lot quite bad with your page (have you seen what happens
with viewports under 800px or when users have bigger text sizes than
you are expecting?) but if it is the last para you want under the
table and across, move it in the HTML to under the div with

writing in the alphabetic script, many morphemes take two written
forms. One is with the original tone mark, the other without tone

fulio pen

writing in the alphabetic script, many morphemes take two written
forms. One is with the original tone mark, the other without tone

Thanks for help. I copied the above paragraph and pasted it to the
page. But the whole paragraph didn't show up. It was hidden. Don't
know the reason for that. Will test more. Thanks again.

fulio pen