    p#clear {clear:both; }

    But it is not working. Please teach me how to make it work. Thanks a million.

    fulio pen
    fulio pen, Feb 5, 2013

  2. fulio pen <> writes:

    > the page is as follows:
    >
    > http://www.pinyinology.com/diaoHao2a/neutral/principle.html
    >
    > The last paragraph of the page starts with the word 'However'. I like
    > it to move it to the left by using the following:
    >
    > p#clear {clear:both; }
    >
    > But it is not working. Please teach me how to make it work. Thanks a
    > million.

    You have some style rules that make paragraphs float: right. Clearing
    other floats won't stop the paragraph in question being floated right.

    --
    Ben.
    Ben Bacarisse, Feb 5, 2013

  3. fulio pen

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    fulio pen <> wrote:

    > the page is as follows:
    >
    > http://www.pinyinology.com/diaoHao2a/neutral/principle.html
    >
    > The last paragraph of the page starts with the word 'However'. I like it to
    > move it to the left by using the following:
    >
    > p#clear {clear:both; }
    >
    > But it is not working. Please teach me how to make it work. Thanks a
    > million.
    >
    > fulio pen

    There is a lot quite bad with your page (have you seen what happens
    with viewports under 800px or when users have bigger text sizes than
    you are expecting?) but if it is the last para you want under the
    table and across, move it in the HTML to under the div with

    writing in the alphabetic script, many morphemes take two written
    forms. One is with the original tone mark, the other without tone

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Feb 5, 2013
  4. fulio pen

    fulio pen Guest

    > writing in the alphabetic script, many morphemes take two written
    > forms. One is with the original tone mark, the other without tone
    >
    > --
    > dorayme

    Thanks for help. I copied the above paragraph and pasted it to the
    page. But the whole paragraph didn't show up. It was hidden. Don't
    know the reason for that. Will test more. Thanks again.

    fulio pen
    fulio pen, Feb 7, 2013