CSS Code that Only Runs for IE 6

Kevin Scholl

Bone said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 16 Dec 2007 04:27:41 GMT
Kevin Scholl scribed:
rf said:
Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
Bone Ur wrote:

Jonathan N. Little scribed:
[Beauregard wrote:]
What will your script do when it encounters my browser UA string:

Borgzilla/31.0 (Starship Enterprise NCC-1701)
Well, if it's well-written, it will just "Kling-on"...
Is this just a silly "phas-er" what? Bad case of Trekiosis...
It's that Beauregard. He's in "Kirks-mode"
I should be. I *always* use a proper doctype.

http://k75s.home.att.net/show/doctype.jpg

No "Bones" about that! <groan>
You're not going to get away Scotty free for *that* one.
You guys S-Uhura are funny.

Well, rf has an advantage. Australians are naturally spacey.

Btw, do you stutter?

No, I'm not sure why the post shows up twice. Something with my news
server, perhaps... *shrug*

dorayme

Steven Saunderson said:
Fair enough, but I've never heard of "round brackets" so I honestly
thought you were wrong here. After the responses here and checking the
wiki article it seems that my terminology is more American than English
which surprised me. I used to work for an American computer company so
maybe I picked up more than I realised.

I wonder what they teach in Aussie schools nowadays.

Haven't a clue about schools now that I don't help with homework
or pick up kids or talk to school teachers...

The term "rounded" got into this discussion as a further
discrimination. If a person cannot be referred to as having said
something in brackets in international English, then it is time
for International English to be a little more organic like other
living languages.

What is left to say? Perhaps only that we should now mark and
rejoice in the birth of "rounded brackets" and the concept of
"bracketed remarks" in International English.

Bone Ur

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 16 Dec 2007 09:12:24
GMT rf scribed:
Yes but just look at the can of wormholes we have opened.

Well, we can always use the excuse that we didn't know what time it is
until it was too early.

A stray thought has just occurred to me. I wonder if any particular
wormhole has its own Blinkyhole to consume it? Space stuff does stimulate
my imagination...

Bone Ur

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 16 Dec 2007 18:19:11
GMT Kevin Scholl scribed:
No, I'm not sure why the post shows up twice. Something with my news
server, perhaps... *shrug*

That happens to me sometimes when I hit the final send key with my nose-
picking finger. Once I even sent a message _three_ times, but we shall
leave that finger out of it.

Kevin Scholl

Bone said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 16 Dec 2007 18:19:11
GMT Kevin Scholl scribed:

That happens to me sometimes when I hit the final send key with my nose-
picking finger. Once I even sent a message _three_ times, but we shall
leave that finger out of it.

Sorry ... that's a problem that I simply couldn't have. :)

Toby A Inkster

Steven said:
() - parentheses
[] - brackets
{} - braces

These are the correct terms for each in my understanding too. However, the
term "brackets" can also be used as a catch-all for any of the above when
no distinction is necessary, so Jukka's "correction" was not warranted.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
[OS: Linux 2.6.17.14-mm-desktop-9mdvsmp, up 10 days, 23:19.]

Sharing Music with Apple iTunes
http://tobyinkster.co.uk/blog/2007/11/28/itunes-sharing/