    CSS color code?

    Thank you!

    Leslie

    Leslie, Nov 20, 2003

  2. Leslie

    Eric Bohlman Guest

    Leslie <> wrote in
    news::

    > Now that I'm learning that colors can be coded in CSS with a 3 digit
    > code (rather than the 6 digit rgb code) is there a chart anywhere that
    > lists the 3 digit codes? I've googled and come up empty. Or, can I
    > use the 6 digit chart I've had for years and figure out the 3 digit
    > CSS color code?

    Each hex digit in a three-digit code is simply doubled up (multiplied by 11
    hex) to create the corresponding six-digit code. I.E. #bad is shorthand
    for #bbaadd. This means that three-digit codes specify only a subset of
    the colors that can be specified by six-digit codes.

    Eric Bohlman, Nov 20, 2003

  3. Leslie

    Paul Aitch Guest

    "Leslie" <> wrote in message
    > Now that I'm learning that colors can be coded in CSS with a 3 digit
    > code (rather than the 6 digit rgb code) is there a chart anywhere that
    > lists the 3 digit codes? I've googled and come up empty. Or, can I
    > use the 6 digit chart I've had for years and figure out the 3 digit
    > CSS color code?
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    > Leslie

    See if this helps you:
    http://home.clara.net/guycroft/utils/coloropts.html

    Paul

    Paul Aitch, Nov 20, 2003
  4. Leslie

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 02:16:35 GMT, Leslie <> wrote:

    : Now that I'm learning that colors can be coded in CSS with a 3 digit
    : code (rather than the 6 digit rgb code) is there a chart anywhere that
    : lists the 3 digit codes?

    No chart. The 3-digit code is an abbreviation.

    #CCFFCC = #CFC
    #112233 = #123
    #121212 = #121212 (can't abbreviate)

    Sid

    Sid Ismail, Nov 20, 2003
  5. Leslie

    Richard Guest

    Sid! wrote:

    > On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 02:16:35 GMT, Leslie <>
    > wrote:

    > : Now that I'm learning that colors can be coded in CSS with a 3 digit
    > : code (rather than the 6 digit rgb code) is there a chart anywhere that
    > : lists the 3 digit codes?

    > No chart. The 3-digit code is an abbreviation.

    > #CCFFCC = #CFC
    > #112233 = #123
    > #121212 = #121212 (can't abbreviate)

    > Sid

    The closest 3 digit version to 121212 would be 111.
    #CAFACA would still equal #CFC

    In essence you have CC + FF + CC to equal the color.
    to equate to 3 digit, remove the 2nd digit from each pair.
    If red is #FF0000 or #F00, Then #F10000 is nothing more than a lighter shade
    of red.

    Richard, Nov 20, 2003
  6. Leslie

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:57:44 -0600, "Richard" <anonymous@127.000> wrote:

    : > : Now that I'm learning that colors can be coded in CSS with a 3 digit
    : > : code (rather than the 6 digit rgb code) is there a chart anywhere that
    : > : lists the 3 digit codes?
    :
    :
    : > No chart. The 3-digit code is an abbreviation.
    :
    : > #CCFFCC = #CFC
    : > #112233 = #123
    : > #121212 = #121212 (can't abbreviate)
    :
    : > Sid
    :
    : The closest 3 digit version to 121212 would be 111.
    : #CAFACA would still equal #CFC
    :
    : In essence you have CC + FF + CC to equal the color.
    : to equate to 3 digit, remove the 2nd digit from each pair.
    : If red is #FF0000 or #F00, Then #F10000 is nothing more than a lighter shade
    : of red.
    :

    What are you on about? We don't want the closest colour - we want that
    colour! We're not talking closest to websafe colours (I know 111111
    isn't).

    Who wanted a _lighter_ shade of red??

    Sid

    Sid Ismail, Nov 20, 2003
  7. Sid Ismail wrote:
    > Who wanted a _lighter_ shade of red??

    I'll have one - if they're on 'special' this week.

    --
    William Tasso

    William Tasso, Nov 21, 2003
  8. Leslie

    rf Guest

    "William Tasso" <> wrote in message
    > Sid Ismail wrote:
    > > Who wanted a _lighter_ shade of red??

    > I'll have one - if they're on 'special' this week.

    Isn't that a lighter shade of pale?

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Nov 21, 2003
  9. rf wrote:

    > "William Tasso" <> wrote in message
    >> Sid Ismail wrote:
    >>> Who wanted a _lighter_ shade of red??

    >> I'll have one - if they're on 'special' this week.

    > Isn't that a lighter shade of pale?

    I think you'll find it was a Whiter Shade of Pale.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Nov 21, 2003
  10. Leslie

    rf Guest

    "Toby A Inkster" <> wrote in message
    > rf wrote:
    >
    > > "William Tasso" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> I'll have one - if they're on 'special' this week.

    > > Isn't that a lighter shade of pale?

    > I think you'll find it was a Whiter Shade of Pale.

    Yep. That's it.

    Showing our age, methings :)

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Nov 21, 2003
  11. Toby A Inkster, Nov 21, 2003
  12. Leslie

    MLC Guest

    Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:28:54 +0000
    Toby A Inkster ha scritto:

    > rf wrote:
    >
    >> Toby A Inkster wrote:
    >>
    >>> I think you'll find it was a Whiter Shade of Pale.

    >> Showing our age, methings :)

    > It was recorded 13 years before I was born. :)

    uhh...the memories...I was in hight school already. :)

    > Interesting page:
    > http://www.procolharum.com/awsopint.htm

    Very interesting indeed. Thanks.

    --
    Maria Luisa C - 21/11/2003 15.22.20, here.
    un tutorial sulle Espressioni Regolari:

    MLC, Nov 21, 2003