CSS Color Not Working

Discussion in 'HTML' started by terry, Mar 11, 2006.

  1. terry

    terry Guest

    Hello,

    I'm confused (but that's my normal state). I have a file named
    skins1.css which contains the following 2 entries. I assign LnkShopFor
    to a link and it works great ... except the color. If I change the
    font-size in the css file then the font-size in IE changes ... so I know
    IE is reading the css information. I should say that the issue is with
    IE and not FF. If I assign LnkRedHome then it all works just fine
    including the color. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    I'm testing on this page ...

    A.LnkShopFor {
    color : #003366;
    font-size: 10pt;
    background : transparent;
    text-decoration : none;
    font-style: normal;
    font-weight: bold;
    }
    A.LnkRedHome {
    color : #C16162;
    font-size: 10pt;
    background : transparent;
    text-decoration : underline;
    font-style: normal;
    font-weight: bold;
    }

    *Disclaimer: *
    My site contains images of women in lingerie.
    http://www.4everhers.com

    Thanks,
    Terry

    terry, Mar 11, 2006

  2. terry

    terry Guest

    terry wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm confused (but that's my normal state). I have a file named
    > skins1.css which contains the following 2 entries. I assign LnkShopFor
    > to a link and it works great ... except the color. If I change the
    > font-size in the css file then the font-size in IE changes ... so I know
    > IE is reading the css information. I should say that the issue is with
    > IE and not FF. If I assign LnkRedHome then it all works just fine
    > including the color. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    > I'm testing on this page ...
    >
    > A.LnkShopFor {
    > color : #003366;
    > font-size: 10pt;
    > background : transparent;
    > text-decoration : none;
    > font-style: normal;
    > font-weight: bold;
    > }
    > A.LnkRedHome {
    > color : #C16162;
    > font-size: 10pt;
    > background : transparent;
    > text-decoration : underline;
    > font-style: normal;
    > font-weight: bold;
    > }
    >
    > *Disclaimer: *
    > My site contains images of women in lingerie.
    > http://www.4everhers.com
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Terry

    Typo -- Filename is skin1.css

    terry, Mar 11, 2006

  3. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed terry <RE_MOVE_THIS_terryb@
    4everhers.com> writing in news::

    > I'm confused (but that's my normal state). I have a file named
    > skins1.css which contains the following 2 entries. I assign LnkShopFor
    > to a link and it works great ... except the color. If I change the
    > font-size in the css file then the font-size in IE changes ... so I know
    > IE is reading the css information. I should say that the issue is with
    > IE and not FF. If I assign LnkRedHome then it all works just fine
    > including the color. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    > I'm testing on this page ...

    What exactly doesn't work about the color? Is it supposed to change color
    on hover? If so, it does not do so in Opera or Firefox.

    That's a very complicated stylesheet you have there, with some unusual
    classes, eg. style2 or style22, and some very bloated markup. Is this
    something you inherited?

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

    Adrienne Boswell, Mar 11, 2006
  4. terry

    Jim Moe Guest

    terry wrote:

    > I'm confused (but that's my normal state). I have a file named
    > skins1.css which contains the following 2 entries. I assign LnkShopFor
    > to a link and it works great ... except the color. If I change the
    > font-size in the css file then the font-size in IE changes ... so I know
    > IE is reading the css information. I should say that the issue is with
    > IE and not FF. If I assign LnkRedHome then it all works just fine
    > including the color.

    Well, the page you offer is too complicated to guess with which parts
    you are having trouble. You use LnkShopFor in a few places, at least one
    place where it is overridden by style34.
    Provide a test case and URL that demonstrates the problem.

    (Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)

    Jim Moe, Mar 11, 2006
  5. terry

    Toby Inkster Guest