    Also, any suggestions on how to allow the nav bars to retain their position
    in the flow yet take up 100% of the space between the logo and canvas edge?

    Thanks for all the help I have received so far.
    Shawn Modersohn, Apr 29, 2004

  2. Shawn Modersohn

    Keeper Guest

    YUP,

    IE makes a mess of it.

    I have never used that Tag before so i have no clue what to tell ya

    Later,
    Keeper

    "Shawn Modersohn" <> wrote in message
    > http://webpages.charter.net/shawnmodersohn/tnttest2.htm
    >
    > If I assumed that Netscape 7.1 gets this right and IE6 gets it wrong,

    would
    > I be correct?
    >
    > Also, any suggestions on how to allow the nav bars to retain their

    position
    > in the flow yet take up 100% of the space between the logo and canvas

    edge?

    > Thanks for all the help I have received so far.

    ---
    Keeper, Apr 29, 2004

  3. Shawn Modersohn

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 21:45:56 -0500, "Shawn Modersohn"
    <> declared in alt.html:

    > http://webpages.charter.net/shawnmodersohn/tnttest2.htm
    >
    > If I assumed that Netscape 7.1 gets this right and IE6 gets it wrong, would
    > I be correct?

    Generally, yes. But you are triggering Quirks mode in both browsers, so
    chances are neither are displaying it right.

    Either add the URL to the doctype, or use a Strict doctype, then see
    what it looks like.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Apr 29, 2004
  4. "Shawn Modersohn" <> wrote in message
    > http://webpages.charter.net/shawnmodersohn/tnttest2.htm
    >
    > If I assumed that Netscape 7.1 gets this right and IE6 gets it wrong,

    would
    > I be correct?
    >
    > Also, any suggestions on how to allow the nav bars to retain their

    position
    > in the flow yet take up 100% of the space between the logo and canvas

    edge?

    > Thanks for all the help I have received so far.

    Nesting the columns within a div seems to have fixed it. Both browsers
    display the same thing at least.
    Shawn Modersohn, Apr 29, 2004