CSS Editor in visual studio 2005

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Maxwell2006, May 15, 2006.

  1. Maxwell2006

    Maxwell2006 Guest

    Hi,

    I know that visual studio 2005 has built-in CSS editor. I have the following
    code in my aspx file at the <head> section:

    <!--

    BODY { background: url(foo.gif) red; color: black }

    .note { margin-left: 5em; margin-right: 5em }

    -->

    How can I edit the <style> area by using VS2005 CSS editor?

    Thanks,

    Max
    Maxwell2006, May 15, 2006

  2. I suggest putting your CSS in an external stylesheet. I know the CSS bits
    work there.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), May 16, 2006

  3. Hi Max,

    The Style Builder in Visual Studio 2005 can only be used to edit styles in
    standalone stylesheet files or edit controls¡¯ in-line style. Regarding
    your issue, you can either:

    1. Create a temporary stylesheet file and use Style Builder to work on it.
    Then copy the content into webform.
    2. Create a standalone stylesheet file and create a link in webform:
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="default.css" />

    Regards,

    Walter Wang
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    Walter Wang [MSFT], May 16, 2006