CSS Error in SiteMaps used in Master Pages

Guest

I am setting up an interface that mimics normal desktop applications for our
web app. I use the SiteMap and CSS to create a Menubar, etc. Below it is the
normal icon bar.

If I use the sitemap in a page without a master page, this all works fine
(ie, the menus expand and collapse on top of the other page elements, etc.)
But when I place the sitemap into a master page, the expand/collapse moves
all content below each submenu to facilitate the space it uses to do so.
Other properties of the CSS are missing as well, but only selective ones.

I would attribute this to a missing stylesheet, except that some of the
settings in the stylesheet are there (font-size, family, size of the menu
items, color, etc..). The sitemap is loading properly, I changed the title of
one or two of the items and reloaded the page, and the changes show up.

Anyone know of some type of problem when using sitemaps in master pages that
could lead to this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jim