CSS file location problem!

Discussion in 'HTML' started by harry, Apr 30, 2004.

  1. harry

    harry Guest

    Probably a very simple answer to this but I just can't see it, I have a web
    app with the following directory structure -

    PRD

    - jsp

    - css

    So to access a jsp page I put a URL like
    http://localhost:8001/PRD/jsp/main.jsp

    So jsp files sit in "jsp" & stylesheets in "css" directories

    Using Dreamweaver to attach a css this line is added -

    <link href="css/stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

    Which is fair enough & works in the design window but when deployed on the
    web server (weblogic 8.1) I have to have this line -

    <link href="jsp/css/stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

    This prevents it working in Dreamweaver then!

    Why do I need the "jsp" bit? - surely the 1st line is relative to the
    current dir i.e jsp but it refuses to find it!

    any ideas?

    thanks

    harry
    harry, Apr 30, 2004

  2. harry

    Guest

    harry <> wrote:
    [snip]
    > <link href="css/stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
    >
    > Which is fair enough & works in the design window but when deployed on the
    > web server (weblogic 8.1) I have to have this line -
    >
    > <link href="jsp/css/stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
    >
    > This prevents it working in Dreamweaver then!
    >
    > Why do I need the "jsp" bit? - surely the 1st line is relative to the
    > current dir i.e jsp but it refuses to find it!
    >
    > any ideas?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > harry

    I'd have to lookup the technical documentation, but I believe
    there is a way to map paths in your /WEB-INF/web.xml file.

    Jamie

    User Management Solutions Perl / PHP / Java / UNIX
    , Apr 30, 2004

  3. harry

    harry Guest

    something I can't quite understand is futher down the jsp file I have this
    line -

    <%@ include file="tabs/projcoredata.inc" %>

    which works fine even though "tabs" is off the "jsp" dir also - are css
    files accessed differently then?

    weird!

    harry, Apr 30, 2004