CSS file location problem!

harry

Probably a very simple answer to this but I just can't see it, I have a web
app with the following directory structure -

PRD

- jsp

- css

So to access a jsp page I put a URL like
http://localhost:8001/PRD/jsp/main.jsp

So jsp files sit in "jsp" & stylesheets in "css" directories

Using Dreamweaver to attach a css this line is added -

<link href="css/stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

Which is fair enough & works in the design window but when deployed on the
web server (weblogic 8.1) I have to have this line -

<link href="jsp/css/stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

This prevents it working in Dreamweaver then!

Why do I need the "jsp" bit? - surely the 1st line is relative to the
current dir i.e jsp but it refuses to find it!

any ideas?

thanks

harry

Guest

harry said:
<link href="css/stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

Which is fair enough & works in the design window but when deployed on the
web server (weblogic 8.1) I have to have this line -

<link href="jsp/css/stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

This prevents it working in Dreamweaver then!

Why do I need the "jsp" bit? - surely the 1st line is relative to the
current dir i.e jsp but it refuses to find it!

any ideas?

thanks

harry

I'd have to lookup the technical documentation, but I believe
there is a way to map paths in your /WEB-INF/web.xml file.

Jamie

harry

something I can't quite understand is futher down the jsp file I have this
line -

<%@ include file="tabs/projcoredata.inc" %>

which works fine even though "tabs" is off the "jsp" dir also - are css
files accessed differently then?

weird!