css float / overflow problem

Peter

I've got a demopage on www.estetika.org/niwo

I've got two problems with it:

1. the page is basicly divided into 3 columns, the first has a relative
width the second and third absolute. The columns are not the same height,
while I have a height:100% in the css for all relevant div's. I've tried
removing the declaration of xhtml whichg makes IE 6 go into 'bug-mode' which
kind of helps, but not enough. And I can't really have IE 6 in bug-mode for
the site.

2. The middle column has a absolute position and fixed width. But this
column is grouped with the first in a container div and when the second
column has more content height than the first it overflows...

If someone can shed some light?

html: www.estetika.org/niwo/
css: www.estetika.org/niwo/css/layout.css

thanks!

Peter

brucie

I've got a demopage on http://www.estetika.org/niwo
1. the page is basicly divided into 3 columns, the first has a relative
width the second and third absolute. The columns are not the same height,
while I have a height:100% in the css for all relevant div's. I've tried
removing the declaration of xhtml whichg makes IE 6 go into 'bug-mode' which
kind of helps, but not enough. And I can't really have IE 6 in bug-mode for
the site.

2. The middle column has a absolute position and fixed width. But this
column is grouped with the first in a container div and when the second
column has more content height than the first it overflows...

not supported by IE.
http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.info/layout-thingy-01.html