css float / overflow problem

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Peter, Dec 15, 2003.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    I've got a demopage on www.estetika.org/niwo

    I've got two problems with it:

    1. the page is basicly divided into 3 columns, the first has a relative
    width the second and third absolute. The columns are not the same height,
    while I have a height:100% in the css for all relevant div's. I've tried
    removing the declaration of xhtml whichg makes IE 6 go into 'bug-mode' which
    kind of helps, but not enough. And I can't really have IE 6 in bug-mode for
    the site.

    2. The middle column has a absolute position and fixed width. But this
    column is grouped with the first in a container div and when the second
    column has more content height than the first it overflows...

    If someone can shed some light?

    html: www.estetika.org/niwo/
    css: www.estetika.org/niwo/css/layout.css

    thanks!

    Peter

    Peter, Dec 15, 2003

  2. Peter

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:brl029$ieo$1.nb.home.nl>
    Peter said:

    > I've got a demopage on http://www.estetika.org/niwo
    > 1. the page is basicly divided into 3 columns, the first has a relative
    > width the second and third absolute. The columns are not the same height,
    > while I have a height:100% in the css for all relevant div's. I've tried
    > removing the declaration of xhtml whichg makes IE 6 go into 'bug-mode' which
    > kind of helps, but not enough. And I can't really have IE 6 in bug-mode for
    > the site.
    >
    > 2. The middle column has a absolute position and fixed width. But this
    > column is grouped with the first in a container div and when the second
    > column has more content height than the first it overflows...

    not supported by IE.
    http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.info/layout-thingy-01.html

    --
    brucie