    too small if the viewer has their text-size set to smallest?
    i hope this is clear.
    tia.

    the idiot, Apr 17, 2005

  2. the idiot wrote:
    > i use em to size my fonts with css. normally between .8 to 1em is
    > there a bit of css i can use to give a mimum size so the type
    > doesnt get too small if the viewer has their text-size set to
    > smallest?

    Your 0.8em is 20% smaller than my default (preferred) size. Is this
    for a copyright notice, or legalese?

    No, you can't assign a "minimum", afaik.

    Consider using percentages instead of em. IE bug when em used.
    body { font-size: 100%; }
    legalese { font-size: 80%; }

    > i hope this is clear. tia.

    Probably. <g>

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 17, 2005

  3. the idiot

    the idiot Guest

    > the idiot wrote:
    > > i use em to size my fonts with css. normally between .8 to 1em is
    > > there a bit of css i can use to give a mimum size so the type
    > > doesnt get too small if the viewer has their text-size set to
    > > smallest?

    > Your 0.8em is 20% smaller than my default (preferred) size. Is this
    > for a copyright notice, or legalese?
    >
    > No, you can't assign a "minimum", afaik.
    >
    > Consider using percentages instead of em. IE bug when em used.
    > body { font-size: 100%; }
    > legalese { font-size: 80%; }
    >
    > > i hope this is clear. tia.

    > Probably. <g>
    >
    > --

    cheers.. i will see what happens and then investigate more.. i just needed a
    starting point. thanks again.

    the idiot, Apr 17, 2005