css fonts ?

twisted

Is it possible (in css) to set a font size of say 14px and then also
make it stay at that size? (no resizing allowed)

So a user in a web browser cannot increase the size by clicking the font
+ buttons in Safari or IE5... for example

TIA

brucie

Is it possible (in css) to set a font size of say 14px and then also
make it stay at that size? (no resizing allowed)

no thankfully. people have this weird idea of wanting to be able to
read text.
So a user in a web browser cannot increase the size by clicking the font
+ buttons in Safari or IE5... for example

your design is broken. fix your design.

David Dorward

twisted said:
Is it possible (in css) to set a font size of say 14px and then also
make it stay at that size? (no resizing allowed)

Only in broken browsers.
So a user in a web browser cannot <snip>

.... increase the size of the text to a level where its large enough for them
to read.

Adrienne

What is meant by "broken"? For example, on the fine
http://www.csszengarden.com/ site, using IE6, the View >>Text Size
function doesn't change the font size no matter which setting I use.
Most other sites it works fine.

Well, there's actually two things going on here.

1. IE is broken because it will not adjust font size if it has been
expressed in pixels or points. Other browsers will scale the pixels
accordingly.

2. The page itself is broken because the font size has been expressed in
points, and the browser being used is IE.

Weyoun the Dancing Borg

What is meant by "broken"? For example, on the fine
http://www.csszengarden.com/ site, using IE6, the View >>Text Size function
doesn't change the font size no matter which setting I use. Most other sites
it works fine.

I use Fire Bird and it works fine for me.

--
_______________________________________
/\ \
\_| Legalise today |