CSS - horizontally aligned containers at same height

hgwoss

Hi everybody,

I have already read quite a bit about this subject. But I did not find
any recent postings. This is why I would like to ask you a question.
Inside a containing element I have arranged two more containers so that
they are aligned horizontally (float:left).
Now if the height of one of these containers gets greater then that of
the other container (due to more lines of text inside that container),
I still want them to have the same height.

As far as I understand, this may not be realizable unless the
containing element is given a specific height.

If there should be a solution, i would be greatfull for advice.

In order to illustrate the problem, here is some code:

<head>
<!--
..links
{