CSS - horizontally aligned containers at same height

Discussion in 'HTML' started by hgwoss@gmx.de, Mar 22, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi everybody,

    I have already read quite a bit about this subject. But I did not find
    any recent postings. This is why I would like to ask you a question.
    Inside a containing element I have arranged two more containers so that
    they are aligned horizontally (float:left).
    Now if the height of one of these containers gets greater then that of
    the other container (due to more lines of text inside that container),
    I still want them to have the same height.

    As far as I understand, this may not be realizable unless the
    containing element is given a specific height.

    If there should be a solution, i would be greatfull for advice.

    In order to illustrate the problem, here is some code:

    <head>
    <!--
    ..links
    {