CSS ? how do I remove underlines from menu links

Larry Webb

I'm using a PVII template at the address below and I can't figure out
how to remove the underlines from menu links. I've tried
text-decoration: none; - which brought back the bullets that I would
like to keep but no luck removing the underlining.

http://www.hullars.com

Thanks
Larry

rf

Larry said:
I'm using a PVII template at the address below and I can't figure out
how to remove the underlines from menu links. I've tried
text-decoration: none; - which brought back the bullets that I would
like to keep but no luck removing the underlining.

You apply text-decoration: none to the <a> elements, not the <li>s,

and the reason you got the bullets back is:

list-style-type: none text-decoration: none;

There is a missing ; after the first none, invalidating the two properties.

BTW the validator would have told you this instantly. No need to wait for a
usenet response :)

Larry Webb

rf said:
You apply text-decoration: none to the <a> elements, not the <li>s,

and the reason you got the bullets back is:

list-style-type: none text-decoration: none;

There is a missing ; after the first none, invalidating the two properties.

BTW the validator would have told you this instantly. No need to wait for a
usenet response :)

That did it, thanks and thanks for the tip. I've got a lot to learn.

Larry