    http://www.hullars.com

    Thanks
    Larry

    Larry Webb, Oct 28, 2004

  2. Larry Webb

    rf Guest

    Larry Webb wrote:
    > I'm using a PVII template at the address below and I can't figure out
    > how to remove the underlines from menu links. I've tried
    > text-decoration: none; - which brought back the bullets that I would
    > like to keep but no luck removing the underlining.

    You apply text-decoration: none to the <a> elements, not the <li>s,

    and the reason you got the bullets back is:

    list-style-type: none text-decoration: none;

    There is a missing ; after the first none, invalidating the two properties.

    BTW the validator would have told you this instantly. No need to wait for a
    usenet response :)

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Oct 28, 2004

  3. Larry Webb

    Larry Webb Guest

    rf wrote:

    > Larry Webb wrote:
    >
    >>I'm using a PVII template at the address below and I can't figure out
    >>how to remove the underlines from menu links. I've tried
    >>text-decoration: none; - which brought back the bullets that I would
    >>like to keep but no luck removing the underlining.

    > You apply text-decoration: none to the <a> elements, not the <li>s,
    >
    > and the reason you got the bullets back is:
    >
    > list-style-type: none text-decoration: none;
    >
    > There is a missing ; after the first none, invalidating the two properties.
    >
    > BTW the validator would have told you this instantly. No need to wait for a
    > usenet response :)

    That did it, thanks and thanks for the tip. I've got a lot to learn.

    Larry

    Larry Webb, Oct 28, 2004