    any idea

    thanks
    , Aug 14, 2005

  2. Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, quothed:

    > hi
    >
    > i made a home page with html and css, it is working good for firefox
    > and for IE it works good for any pc that i tried it ( office/friends)
    > but only at my home pc i am having problem to sse it good , i think
    > it's the padding or the mrgin
    >
    > how can it be that i can see it good with IE in ant other pc but mine?
    >
    > any idea

    If your pc is at home, maybe you're getting a case of redundant
    interference

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Aug 14, 2005

    and what do you mean by that??
    , Aug 14, 2005
  4. Safalra Guest

    wrote:
    > i made a home page with html and css, it is working good for firefox
    > and for IE it works good for any pc that i tried it ( office/friends)
    > but only at my home pc i am having problem to sse it good , i think
    > it's the padding or the mrgin
    > how can it be that i can see it good with IE in ant other pc but mine?

    You probably have a different version of Internet Explorer from the one
    at your office. You can find out the version in the 'Help' menu if you
    click on 'About Internet Explorer'. If you tell us the address of your
    webpage we could look at it and see if we can work out what is causing
    the problem.

    I noticed you're using Google Groups and in another post in this thread
    you didn't quote the message to which you replied. Please read this
    page:

    Safalra (Stephen Morley)
    http://www.safalra.com/hypertext/
    Safalra, Aug 14, 2005
  5. wrote:

    > and what do you mean by that??

    random questions will fetch random answers
    Animesh Kumar, Aug 14, 2005
  6. wrote:
    > hi
    >
    > i made a home page with html and css, it is working good for firefox
    > and for IE it works good for any pc that i tried it ( office/friends)
    > but only at my home pc i am having problem to sse it good , i think
    > it's the padding or the mrgin
    >
    > how can it be that i can see it good with IE in ant other pc but mine?
    >
    > any idea
    >
    > thanks

    IE and Firefox handles padding different. Firefox will add the padding
    to the width of the object whereas IE will keep the defined width. This
    annoyes the crap out of me. The solution is to put an <div> inside the
    object and give that one a margin.

    --
    Bjørn
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bj=F8rn_Johansen?=, Aug 15, 2005