    i know iframes are supposed to be bad but i like em. anyway, how would i
    write the properties for one ie width height frameborder etc in a css?
    thanks
    the idiot, Oct 23, 2003

  2. the idiot wrote:
    > i know iframes are supposed to be bad but i like em. anyway, how would i
    > write the properties for one ie width height frameborder etc in a css?

    The unit "ie width height" doesn't exist in CSS - what exactly are you
    trying to do?

    Matthias
    Matthias Gutfeldt, Oct 23, 2003

  3. the idiot

    rf Guest

    "the idiot" <> wrote in message
    > i know iframes are supposed to be bad but i like em. anyway, how would i
    > write the properties for one ie width height frameborder etc in a css?
    > thanks

    CSS does not target frames. It only targets things that live within an HTML
    "page".

    Besides, you should not be using frames, they are obsolete.

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Oct 23, 2003
  4. the idiot

    the idiot Guest

    "Matthias Gutfeldt" <> wrote in message
    > the idiot wrote:
    > > i know iframes are supposed to be bad but i like em. anyway, how would i
    > > write the properties for one ie width height frameborder etc in a css?

    > The unit "ie width height" doesn't exist in CSS - what exactly are you
    > trying to do?

    i just want to be able to (sorry about my terms here but im not very good
    with the jargon) specify the name and size of an iframe and whether or not
    it has a frameborder etc in an external css so that on my html page i can
    just put <iframe></iframe>. or is that just plain daft? you can tell me if
    ive gone mad.
    the idiot, Oct 23, 2003
  5. the idiot

    the idiot Guest

    "rf" <> wrote in message

    > "the idiot" <> wrote in message
    > > i know iframes are supposed to be bad but i like em. anyway, how would i
    > > write the properties for one ie width height frameborder etc in a css?
    > > thanks

    > CSS does not target frames. It only targets things that live within an

    HTML
    > "page".
    >
    > Besides, you should not be using frames, they are obsolete.

    i know but call me old fashioned. i just wanted to know if it is possible
    really. if i didnt ask it would have gnawed at me. my ignorance is well
    known and well founded. cheers.
    the idiot, Oct 23, 2003
  6. the idiot wrote:
    > "Matthias Gutfeldt" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>the idiot wrote:
    >>
    >>>i know iframes are supposed to be bad but i like em. anyway, how would i
    >>>write the properties for one ie width height frameborder etc in a css?

    >>The unit "ie width height" doesn't exist in CSS - what exactly are you
    >>trying to do?
    >>

    > i just want to be able to (sorry about my terms here but im not very good
    > with the jargon) specify the name and size of an iframe and whether or not
    > it has a frameborder etc in an external css so that on my html page i can
    > just put <iframe></iframe>. or is that just plain daft? you can tell me if
    > ive gone mad.

    IFRAME is defined in the spec, and it seems to have a frameborder
    attribute, so you could specify that in the HTML itself:
    <http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/present/frames.html#edef-IFRAME>

    But if you want to additionally try to manipulate the frameborder with
    CSS, you could use the usual CSS properties, in this case e.g. 'border':
    <http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/box.html#border-properties>, and of course
    the appropriate type selector, in this case iframe.

    Example: Put this in your external CSS file (results may vary depending
    on browser support and user settings):

    iframe {border:eek:utset 40px lime;}

    Matthias
    Matthias Gutfeldt, Oct 23, 2003
  7. the idiot

    rf Guest

    "the idiot" <> wrote in message

    > "rf" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "the idiot" <> wrote in message
    > > > i know iframes are supposed to be bad but i like em. anyway, how would

    > > > write the properties for one ie width height frameborder etc in a css?
    > > > thanks

    > > CSS does not target frames. It only targets things that live within an

    > HTML
    > > "page".

    Belay that, it is totally incorrect. I was thinking about something entirely
    different at the time :)

    > > Besides, you should not be using frames, they are obsolete.

    Belay that too. I missed the i and read frames, not iframes. You can use an
    iframe if you really really can find no other alternative and providing you
    do not use navigation on that iframe, thus breaking the bookmark. You should
    not use framesets and frames under any circumstances.

    > i know but call me old fashioned. i just wanted to know if it is possible
    > really. if i didnt ask it would have gnawed at me. my ignorance is well
    > known and well founded. cheers.

    Why not take a few hours^H^H^H^H days out and read the specifications? They
    are a mine of information, if you can find the adit that is :)

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Oct 23, 2003
  8. the idiot

    the idiot Guest

    "rf" <> wrote in message

    > "the idiot" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "rf" <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "the idiot" <> wrote in message

    would

    css?

    > > > CSS does not target frames. It only targets things that live within an

    > > HTML
    > > > "page".

    > Belay that, it is totally incorrect. I was thinking about something

    entirely
    > different at the time :)
    >
    > > > Besides, you should not be using frames, they are obsolete.

    > Belay that too. I missed the i and read frames, not iframes. You can use

    an
    > iframe if you really really can find no other alternative and providing

    you
    > do not use navigation on that iframe, thus breaking the bookmark. You

    should
    > not use framesets and frames under any circumstances.
    >
    > > i know but call me old fashioned. i just wanted to know if it is

    possible
    > > really. if i didnt ask it would have gnawed at me. my ignorance is well
    > > known and well founded. cheers.

    > Why not take a few hours^H^H^H^H days out and read the specifications?

    They
    > are a mine of information, if you can find the adit that is :)

    but sir reading the instructions is a sign of defeat.
    the idiot, Oct 23, 2003