css in external stylesheets for aspx pages

Rod Snyder

I was wondering if there are any pitfalls or issues with using external
(linked) style sheets when developing aspx pages. Can you apply css styles
to controls (like a datagrid or link button the same way you do for elements
in html?
Rod

Keith

Should be no problems at all. The server-side code
doesn't leverage anything in the style sheet when
rendering output. It relies on the browser to take the
styles specified and then do the formatting.

Guest

Rod,
You can apply external style sheets to aspx pages as you would in HTML.

Tu-Thach

----- Rod Snyder wrote: -----

I was wondering if there are any pitfalls or issues with using external
(linked) style sheets when developing aspx pages. Can you apply css styles
to controls (like a datagrid or link button the same way you do for elements
in html?
Rod

Guest

Yes, you can apply CSS styles to controls such as labels, datagrids, linkbuttons, etc. and some times these controls (such as the datagrid) have nested elements that you can apply CSS styles to. Just make sure the control contains a CssStyle property, and you should be good to go in most cases.