css in netscape

Discussion in 'HTML' started by jack, Sep 7, 2003.

  1. jack

    jack Guest

    Hello there. I've got the following CSS :-
    a{
    TEXT-DECORATION: none;
    font-size: 10pt;
    font-weight: bold;
    color: #ffffff;
    }
    FONT {font-size:10pt; font-family:verdana, arial; color:#ffffff;
    font-weight: bold}

    a:hover{color: #FFFF00; font-family:Verdana, arial; font-size:10pt;
    text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:900}

    That means that when the mouse hovers over a link it changes colour from
    white to yellow, capitalizes the text and increases the weight to 900. This
    works fine in IE and opera but NOT in netscape. The final font weight change
    doesn't happen. It just stays bold not extra bold. Can anyone possibly
    explain why please this should be? What on Earth is happening?
    Thanks
    jack, Sep 7, 2003

  2. jack

    Passero Guest

    "jack" <> schreef in bericht
    > Hello there. I've got the following CSS :-
    > a{
    > TEXT-DECORATION: none;
    > font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    > font-size: 10pt;
    > font-weight: bold;
    > color: #ffffff;
    > }
    > FONT {font-size:10pt; font-family:verdana, arial; color:#ffffff;
    > font-weight: bold}
    >
    > a:hover{color: #FFFF00; font-family:Verdana, arial; font-size:10pt;
    > text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:900}
    >
    > That means that when the mouse hovers over a link it changes colour from
    > white to yellow, capitalizes the text and increases the weight to 900.

    This
    > works fine in IE and opera but NOT in netscape. The final font weight

    change
    > doesn't happen. It just stays bold not extra bold. Can anyone possibly
    > explain why please this should be? What on Earth is happening?
    > Thanks

    Does the font-weight: bold works on the FONT tag?

    Passero, Sep 8, 2003

  3. jack

    jack Guest

    Passero <> wrote in message

    > "jack" <> schreef in bericht
    > > Hello there. I've got the following CSS :-
    > > a{
    > > TEXT-DECORATION: none;
    > > font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    > > font-size: 10pt;
    > > font-weight: bold;
    > > color: #ffffff;
    > > }
    > > FONT {font-size:10pt; font-family:verdana, arial; color:#ffffff;
    > > font-weight: bold}
    > >
    > > a:hover{color: #FFFF00; font-family:Verdana, arial; font-size:10pt;
    > > text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:900}
    > >
    > > That means that when the mouse hovers over a link it changes colour from
    > > white to yellow, capitalizes the text and increases the weight to 900.

    > This
    > > works fine in IE and opera but NOT in netscape. The final font weight

    > change
    > > doesn't happen. It just stays bold not extra bold. Can anyone possibly
    > > explain why please this should be? What on Earth is happening?
    > > Thanks
    > >

    > Does the font-weight: bold works on the FONT tag?

    I'm not sure what you mean. The font-weight bold works on the FONT tag in
    the sense that whenever this tag is used the text is automatically displayed
    bold in both IE and netscape.
    It's just the a:hover transformation that doesn't work in netscape. The link
    doesn't become extra bold (weight 900) is just stays bold.
    Any ideas? Can't netscape display text at weights other than standard bold?
    jack, Sep 8, 2003
  4. jack

    Chris Morris Guest

    "jack" <> writes:
    > It's just the a:hover transformation that doesn't work in netscape. The link
    > doesn't become extra bold (weight 900) is just stays bold.
    > Any ideas? Can't netscape display text at weights other than standard bold?

    That's a possibility. I suspect it's system and font dependent as
    well as browser dependent, though.

    Also, changing font weight (thus changing the width) on hover can
    cause problems, so it may decide not to. Don't remember Netscape
    doing that, though.

    --
    Chris
    Chris Morris, Sep 8, 2003